Need help with CDRADIO

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Need help with CDRADIO

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:51 pm

Is anyone using the CDRADIO guage on any of their aircrafts and able to get it to work.

I am having problems starting the tracks, I was able to save them to the FM and AM channel, But when I switch over to the CD option it won't play any of the tracks.

Can someone help me with this? I have followed to the Readme file to the letter and It doesn't tell you how to start listening to tracks. It just has a prev.cd button, next cd track button and a pause button.

Where is the play button? !  ???
Its only in your mind, strong mind, strong soul and nobody can take that from you!
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Re: Need help with CDRADIO

Postby Billerator » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:25 am

Does your drive have a play button?
Billerator
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:15 pm

That would be a negative,

The CDradio guage doesn't have a play button, according to the creator when you turn on the CDRADIO guage, it is suppose to load pre-installed music selections. But unfortunately for the have not. I am writing to the creator and he is giving me instructions on how to set this up on my pc to work.

The first thing I really need to do is install the FS9 NO CD patch, so that the drive needs no FS9 CD in it to play the game. Because what I am experiencing using this thing is when I start the CDRADIO it is reading whatever I have in my DVDrom so I am assuming it is looking for the music to play. That is why I need to install the CD Patch that way I can design specific CD tracks for the CDRADIO since it seems to play songs right off the DVD rom player.
Its only in your mind, strong mind, strong soul and nobody can take that from you!
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby Billerator » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:28 pm

Ah sorry, I presumed you had the no-cd patch allready.

Yeah all the cd radio gauges in the past had play buttons.
Billerator
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:30 pm

I downloaded the no cd patch and I am stomped on where to overide the FS9.exe.

I downloaded the one from here on SimV. Do you know how to install it.

Because I don't want to delete the wrong file and mess up all the other files.
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:41 pm

Case resolved check out the "NO CD PATCH" thread
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:40 am

Case re-opened

This CDRadio guage presents more problems then it resolves.

The creator suggested altering the DVD/CD Rom properties to get the CDRADIO to work.

It actually did work, but he made my DVD drive turn into an audio Cd only player!  ::)! So Ihad to turn back the clock on the PC to correct that.

Now that I have my DVD player back I am going to see if the CDRADIO will work now the same way it did since the drive is free and not in use.

If this fails then I guess the recycling bin is going to have a new tenant!  :-/
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby WebbPA » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:07 am

You know that there are other cd radio gauges, don't you?

There is one in this aircraft http://www.rogernet.it/fsim/military/b2new-eng.htm The readme says:

The accomanying "gauge" file, AM_Radio_CD.gau, simulates a four channel push button AM Radio for playback of music, recorded broadcasts and the like from your computer's CD drive for purposes of ambiance and general entertainment while flying FS2000/FS98/CFS aircraft.
WebbPA
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight