Can't see my plane

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Can't see my plane

Postby nlangner » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:02 pm

When I am in the normal cockpit view and I look around with my hat switch, I can't see any part of my plane. (such as wings and props on twin engine planes) I can see through the plane and get a full screen view of what is directly behind me. This didn't used to be the case and happens with both downloaded and default aircraft. While it's great for spotting traffic, I like seeing my plane when I look around. Any ideas? Thanks
nlangner
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Can't see my plane

Postby Scottler » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:21 pm

System specs?
Great edit, Bob.

Google it.

www.google.com
Scottler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby nlangner » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:18 pm

AMD Athalon XP 2200+
512 Mb DDRAM
Radeon 7500

But my views were normal until a month ago.
nlangner
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Scottler » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:19 pm

What changed a month ago?  Add-ons?  Anything?
Great edit, Bob.

Google it.

www.google.com
Scottler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby nlangner » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:33 pm

Other than downloading more planes, absolutely nothing.
nlangner
Ground hog
Ground hog

the panel come back in view?Re: Can't see my plane

Postby VPA_KTPA » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:53 pm

This can be normal with some downloaded planes.but not the default aircraft.have you pressed the w key to see if the panel comes back in view?.try the w key and shift+1 key and see if it gets better.let us know if it dont.
VPA_KTPA

Postby nlangner » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:32 am

Nope, tried it but nothing. The instrument panel turns off and on properly but the surrounding cockpit and exterior surfaces remain invisible. If I use the hat switch to look around in the virtual cockpit, everything remains intact. If I use the numpad in the virtual cockpit, I just get full screen views of the scenery. I also can't see my taxi/landing lights in the normal cockpit mode or in the normal eye-point position in the virtual cockpit. If I move the eye-point even slightly in the virtual or move to spot view I see them fine. Possibly related problems?
nlangner
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby VPA_KTPA » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:55 am

Did this just recently start or is this the way its been since you installed the sim?.if this just recently started then you may have corrupted the sim some how if you have been adding or changeing things in the sim.i have been working with sims since 1995 when the first one came out and i still run into problems from time to time even as much as i know about it.and if this be the case then i would uninstall and reinstall the sim.but if this is the way its been since you installed then make shure you have the newest drivers for your video card and directx 9.b installed.and just start with that.
VPA_KTPA

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight