fs2004 prob. Re half buried plane please

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

fs2004 prob. Re half buried plane please

Postby plusoba » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:47 am

Iv'e recently installed fs9 and have a problem with aircraft height I think.
Everything is fine if I choose a fine weather theme but as soon as I choose stormy or any bad weather theme or choose the live weather option, when the flight starts at the departure point the aircraft seems to be half buried in the ground. Seems to me this coincides with the alt setting not being 2992. Changing it to the correct setting has no effect...obviously Ive re installed but the problem persists......am I missing something obvious

Cheers
plusoba
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re:  fs2004 prob. Re half buried plane please

Postby Hagar » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:26 am

Hi Plusoba. Which aircraft do you have this problem with? Are they defaults or 3rd party aircraft? Are all aircraft affected in the same way? Have you tried a different one? The more specific you are the easier it is to help. ;)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby plusoba » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:59 am

Hi hagar,
The problem seems to be with all default aircraft ( dont have any third party installed as yet).
When using themes "clear skies, building storms, cold fronts, fairweatherand winter wonderland seems to work ok but using any of the others or the downloaded weather if it is not good weather and the prob occurs.
seems to be ok with downloaded weather if its fine

cheers   ???
plusoba
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:24 am

OK. That seems to cover it. I won't comment myself as I don't use FS9 enough to be any help in this case. Maybe someone else can step in here.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby matt_ttuk » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:58 am

I had this problem on one computer and could not find the problem. However i recentley got a new computer and found there was no such problem. So i wonder if it may be a compatability problem or driver issue.

I first thougt it had something to do with the alt not begin correct but i have had to resest this on my new computer and it has worked fine.

I would suggest getting the latest drivers and try playing with the settings a bit !!!!!!!!
matt_ttuk
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby plusoba » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:17 am

I think i've had every different permutation of all settings thats possible...Seems like it anyway......Your right though, I should at least try the most recent version of drivers..

Thanks
plusoba
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight