add-on scenery Question

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

add-on scenery Question

Postby sabotage » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:35 am

I was just experimenting with add-on scenery.  It seams that I can only have one add-on working at a time.  Is this correct??  It cant be can it.  It would seem silly to only be able to use one at a time.  Am I doind something wrong here?  Thanks for any help..
AMD 2500xp
MSI K7N2 Delta Motherboard
Maxtor 120GB ATA133
512ddram
Geforce FX5700 Ultra/880 tv-dvi 256MB DDR
Creative Extigy
17 Inch flat screen Envision
Saitek X45
sabotage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: add-on scenery Question

Postby congo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:31 am

I  don't think anyone has hit a limit as to how much scenery can be installed. Suffice to say, it's lots.

More likely that your problem is an installation error. Check the readme's and installation instructions carefully.

After you do it a right few times, it's easy. Just ask again if you aren't clear on it, or need more help.
ImageMainboard: Asus P5K-Premium, CPU=Intel E6850 @ x8x450fsb 3.6ghz, RAM: 4gb PC8500 Team Dark, Video: NV8800GT, HDD: 2x1Tb Samsung F3 RAID-0 + 1Tb F3, PSU: Antec 550 Basiq, OS: Win7x64, Display: 24&
congo
Major
Major

Postby sabotage » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:45 am

What I meant was that I can only get one active at a time.  I.E.  I downloaded KSLC and Jackson Hole Wy.  I leave JH and fly to salt lake.  Jackson looks great, but when I get to SLC it's just the default scenery.  If I click on SCL add-on its just that scenery and not Jackson hole. How do you get them both to work?  At the same time??
AMD 2500xp
Maxtor 120GB ATA133
512ddram
Creative Extigy
Saitek X45
sabotage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:11 am

I've not come across this problem before with any 3rd party scenery. Providing it's installed correctly & activated via the Scenery Library all scenery should be permanently active. It will be read as it comes into range. This might vary depending on the scenery & the FS9 display settings.

My tute gives the basics for installing/activating scenery. http://www.simviation.com/lair/fs2002sc.htm
Note: With FS9 you must exit the sim after activating a new area for the first time - then restart it for the first time for it to display properly.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sabotage » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:58 am

thank you Hagar and congo!!!  I didnt see that button to the right of the scenery items!! DUH :P  One more question;  What is the priority for and does it matter if it's one or two?
AMD 2500xp
Maxtor 120GB ATA133
512ddram
Creative Extigy
Saitek X45
sabotage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:23 pm

Hope that fixed your problem Sabotage. The Priority doesn't usually matter. New areas will be added to the top of the list. This is best left alone unless you have display problems.

PS. I touched on the subject in my CFS2 Scenery Clinic if you're interested. http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2scenclinc.htm
Last edited by Hagar on Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:43 pm

The order in which addon scenery is added can make a big differance if there is default scenery for the same area. I manually edit the Scenery cfg. file to make sure any addon scenery is put on the end of the file and mke sure the level is one higher than the last file on the list.
   By doing this default scenery loads first than the new scenery overwrites the old. I have only had one problem wih this and that was the new scenery was not correct when it came to taxing it would have AI planes and you taxing in the grass and the ILS would land you on one side or the other of the runway. The way around this was to use AFCAD and correct the problem. Most readme files that come with addon scenery will usually tell you if you need to do this, or if you need to add flatten areas to remove conflicting scenery.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:48 pm

Far be it for me to argue Gary. We all have our own methods. Personally I prefer to manage all 3rd party scenery from the Scenery Library. If it's installed/activated correctly this is simplicity itself.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight