Ailerons stuck in ALL my planes!

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Ailerons stuck in ALL my planes!

Postby Blaze4402 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:42 pm

I was having issues playing FS2004 with an old joystick lately, so a few days ago when I realized that the ailerons were basically stuck in a "right bank" position, I assumed my joystick had finally died and bought a new one.... Full joystick movement to each side would only move the ailerons one inch up or down, barely noticeable (even as the yoke in VC would move all the way as expected). I received my new HOTAS device yesterday and, surprisingly, I am STILL having the same problem. Moreover, I tried using the keyboard keys and, again, cannot move the ailerons more than an inch or so, up and down. This happens with EVERY airplane!

No idea what can be the problem, what could have messed this up? Again, it's not the joystick, or a particular airplane. It's across the board, even trying to move the ailerons with the keyboard.

Any suggestion to fix this issue greatly appreciated!

EDIT: My original title was meant to be "Ailerons stuck in ALL my planes!" but I missed the "T" and it came out as "Ailerons suck in ALL my planes!". Apologies for the vulgarity!
Last edited by Blaze4402 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze4402
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Ailerons suck in ALL my planes!

Postby slickstick64 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:05 pm

Check that the Autopilot is in the OFF position with the "Z" Key on your Keyboard.
slickstick64
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Ailerons suck in ALL my planes!

Postby Blaze4402 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:24 pm

Damn *hides head in shame". Yep, that was it.... Last time I flew I was having so many problems with the joystick that I totally forgot about the autopilot. I was flying the DC-3 so autopilot is not the 1st thing that comes to mind, but yes...
Thank you so much! I was going to check the Registry and the configuration files, you certainly saved me a LOT of time!

:clap:
Blaze4402
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Ailerons stuck in ALL my planes!

Postby slickstick64 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:53 pm

Cheers bro
slickstick64
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight