DLL Issue

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

DLL Issue

Postby Fagintheblagger » Sun May 03, 2020 10:50 am

Good afternoon folks,

I am needing some help if possible please?

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit

FSX, FS 2004, CFS3 successfully installed and working.

However......

Trying to install Just Flights RAF Tornado (Single Disc) and Just Flights B17 Memphis Belle also (Single Disc)

When the disc runs up I get the install choice of FS2002, FS2004, CFS3 and no matter which choice I make when Installshield fires up it eventually throws up the following error:

Failed to load DLL:FSTYPE

I am desperate to get these two planes flying on my Sim only PC and hope that someone has got an easy to understand solution, I have tried sfc/scannow (suggestion off the web) but to no avail ???

Thanks from a newbie
Fagintheblagger
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: DLL Issue

Postby Dave T » Sun May 03, 2020 2:17 pm

Sorry you might not be able to install from the disks if they use the safe disk system on W10, they removed secdrv.sys from windows ten and disabled it in widows seven and eight.
Just flight did a tool to reactivate it for windows seven but it will not work in windows 10.
https://support.justflight.com/en/suppo ... windows-10
If you have an old pc running w7 you could try the tool and install to a folder on the desktop on the old pc and transfer it manually across to your windows 10 pc. This doesn't always work with payware aircraft if they add things to the registry but it's worth trying.
You might also need to copy the fs9.exe/fs2000.exe/sf2002exe to the folder you created if you get the message that fs9 is not installed.
It should then install to the folder you created on the desktop.
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: DLL Issue

Postby Fagintheblagger » Mon May 04, 2020 4:12 am

Dave T wrote:Sorry you might not be able to install from the disks if they use the safe disk system on W10, they removed secdrv.sys from windows ten and disabled it in widows seven and eight.
Just flight did a tool to reactivate it for windows seven but it will not work in windows 10.
https://support.justflight.com/en/suppo ... windows-10
If you have an old pc running w7 you could try the tool and install to a folder on the desktop on the old pc and transfer it manually across to your windows 10 pc. This doesn't always work with payware aircraft if they add things to the registry but it's worth trying.
You might also need to copy the fs9.exe/fs2000.exe/sf2002exe to the folder you created if you get the message that fs9 is not installed.
It should then install to the folder you created on the desktop.

Morning Dave, thanks very much for your ideas and advice, have tried doing as you said with my old desktop running windows 7 but to no avail :doh:
Guess it will be a case of seeing what downloadable Tornado GR1/4 models there are?

Do you know if it is possible to install a different OS such as Windows 7 on an external hard drive and run the other software from there using my Windows 10 PC, please excuse my ignorance?
Fagintheblagger
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight