B737-300(F) West Atlantic Cargo Airlines

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

B737-300(F) West Atlantic Cargo Airlines

Postby investdude » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:21 am

Does anyone know how to get the B737-300(F) West Atlantic Cargo Airlines cargo door to open? The Readme says SHIFT+E+2 but that doesn't work for me, it only opens the front door. I have tried all the other possibilities: Wing Fold, Water Rudder, Concorde nose visor, etc but nothing works for me. If anyone has that aircraft and is able to open the cargo door, please let me know how you do it. Thanks, Investdude
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: B737-300(F) West Atlantic Cargo Airlines

Postby darrenvox » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:02 pm

ask this over at HJG perhaps... I still don't know....most of the time it opens with wing fold!!
darrenvox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby aerofoto » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:42 am

The port side forward fuselage main deck cargo doors on each of the HJG hosted B737-300 and -400 SCD type simulations "DO NOT" open/"ARE NOT" animated .... as stated within HJG's forum based B737 manual.

That is the way these models were compiled and then supplied to HJG.

See paragraph 1.05 .... "HJG B737-300/400/500 3D MODEL REPRESENTATION" within "SECTION 1" of the following-linked forum based HJG B737 manual ....

tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/8798/b737-300-installation-handling-notes

May I also suggest .... in future, and in regard to all HJG simulations, it's better to seek advice directly from the HJG forum .... since that's where the expertise which has either brought the HJG simulations into existence. or otherwise supports them, is located. This request is simply intended to ensure not only the best and most thorough, but also, the quickest resolutions for end users ;)

I've only just seen/stumbled across this query here by pure chance/accident :)

Mark C
AKL/NZ
aerofoto
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dapperbomb » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:59 am

I tried using SHIFT+E+2, as instructed in the Readme, but all it did was unlock the main entrance. I've exhausted every other option, including the Wing Fold, the Water Rudder, the Concorde nose visor, etc. Please let me know how to open the cargo door of that plane if anyone has one. drift hunters
dapperbomb
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby serbir » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:28 am

Try Shift+F.
Using MCX I found it apparently uses the left wingfold to activate the cargo door opening/closing.
Checked it in FSX, works
serbir
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby investdude » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:55 pm

Tried Shift + F and it doesn't work in FS9 or FSX. That is apparently a call for a refuelling truck.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby serbir » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:58 pm

Check the Shift+F key combination is assigned to the "Wing fold/unfold" (without the quotes) event under the settings -> controls assignments -> buttons/keys page, it is one before the last entry.
Assign it if not and try again.
This is the reason it didn't work for me yesteday in FS9, in FSXA I had it already assigned, probably for another airplane.
Good luck
serbir
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby serbir » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:27 am

I forgot to mention: If the Shift+F key combination is already assigned, in your particular configuration, to another event
then choose another key combination (not already in use) and assign it to the Wing fold/unfold event.
serbir
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:06 am

Are you talking of this one?
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &filename=

I suspect the cargo doors you refer to are the small ones on the right side of the aircraft. I do not have fs2004 so I cannot test this aircraft. Quite often the doors do not work and this is due to the way the model was created. If you have any vistaliners / Eric Cantu B737-300 that does have opening cargo doors, the textures can easily be transferred to that model.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby serbir » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:26 am

Well, Mr. cevans sent me to a little research quest and frankly I liked it.

Since several gentlemen mentioned the HJG site and initially I downloaded the model from this address https://simviation.com/hjg/aircraft2/bo ... 300SCD.htm.
The West Atlantic liveries can be found further below on the same page.
Installing this model in FSX requires small adjustments to the panel.cfg (the model comes with a *.cfg for both FS9 and FSX) and the correct texture reference should
be inserted in the aircraft.cfg file.

Following Mr. cevans link I downloaded the vistaliner model

Both models look pretty much the same and both have the same animations. However the cargo door's opening/closing is triggered differently by each model:
1) In the HJG model the animation is l_wingfold (I Interpret it as left wing fold), this led me to try the a key combination for the "Wing fold/unfold" event as I mentioned
in my previous post. I assigned the Shift+F key combination and tested it successfully on both FSXA(Acceleration) and FS9

2) The Vistaliners model uses the f_canopy animation. This animation, as far as I understand, is related to doors open/close events, which leads us to the well known
Shift+E+x where x might be in the [1..4] range depending on what the author of the model intended to do.
And indeed Shift+E+2 worked like a charm on both simulators.

Now a word about this Shift+E+x combination: my experience is that it should be operated as follows:
a) Press the shift key
b) Without leaving the shift key press the E key
c) Release both keys
d) After a short period of less than a second press the x key (2 in our case)

By the way the model features a beatiful staircase coming out from a small hatch below the port side (pilot's side) passenger's door.
However the animation in both models, altough different, cannot be mapped to a known event.

I apologize for the lenghty exposition.
These are my very first posts in the forum.
I'll try to be more concise in the future
serbir
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:49 am

Good to hear Sebir. Interesting to see the comparison!
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:59 am

Apologies if I'm a bit late.
As this is the FS2004 forum I assume you mean this one. https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=b733westatlantic_fs9.zip&categoryId=&filename=Y

I downloaded it to check it out & Shift+E + 2 works for me. Make sure you follow serbir's instructions.

serbir wrote:Now a word about this Shift+E+x combination: my experience is that it should be operated as follows:
a) Press the shift key
b) Without leaving the shift key press the E key
c) Release both keys
d) After a short period of less than a second press the x key (2 in our case)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby investdude » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:43 pm

Are we talking about the left side LARGE CARGO door on the FS2004 West Atlantic 737-300, the Vistaliners/Eric Cantu B737-300?

Mark C from HJG, his post above, seems to be correct, at least on my system.

Namely that "The port side forward fuselage main deck cargo doors on each of the HJG hosted B737-300 and -400 SCD type simulations "DO NOT" open/"ARE NOT" animated .... as stated within HJG's forum based B737 manual."

Non of the suggestions made by serbir or Hagar work for me.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:23 pm

investdude wrote:Are we talking about the left side LARGE CARGO door on the FS2004 West Atlantic 737-300, the Vistaliners/Eric Cantu B737-300?

I'm talking about the small cargo/baggage door on the starboard side as shown in my shots in my earlier reply. That & the main cabin door on the port side are the only exits defined on this model

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight