FS2004 ATC

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

FS2004 ATC

Postby investdude » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Hope someone can help me with this. My ATC has gone completely wonky. They give me vectors in the opposite direction to my flight plan. Also, after landing when switched to Ground, the menu presented is invariably the taxi out menu, not the taxi in one, so I cannot call ground for taxi instructions to a gate because the menu does not have the appropriate choice. I have tried changing the heading by one degree on the MAP page, as suggested by Tom Gibson of California Classics but it did not make any difference.

Does anyone know where the appropriate ATC files are located? If I could look at them I could perhaps determine if they are corrupted.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FS2004 ATC

Postby garymbuska » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:44 am

investdude wrote:Hope someone can help me with this. My ATC has gone completely wonky. They give me vectors in the opposite direction to my flight plan. Also, after landing when switched to Ground, the menu presented is invariably the taxi out menu, not the taxi in one, so I cannot call ground for taxi instructions to a gate because the menu does not have the appropriate choice. I have tried changing the heading by one degree on the MAP page, as suggested by Tom Gibson of California Classics but it did not make any difference.

Does anyone know where the appropriate ATC files are located? If I could look at them I could perhaps determine if they are corrupted.

One has to remember that the runway you land or take off from is determined by the wind at that time. So even if you file a flight plan to land at will say runway 8 if the wind changes direction you will get some other runway when you go to land. The only way to guarantee a certain runway is to set the weather theme to clear weather. In the real world one does not usually choose what runway they want to land at until they get close to their destination just for that reason. This is especially true on long flights as the weather can change several times before you land. If you are using the flight plan tool that comes with FS than you really do not have a way to select any runway at all for landing.
As for the problem with taxi instructions being wrong I have no clue as to where ATC files are kept. It sounds to me that something has been changed in your FS program It may be time to uninstall and reinstall it. I know that can be a real pain in the rear.
The only other fix might be to restore the computer to a date back in time to where there was no problems.
BUT I HAVE TO CAUTION YOU AS IF YOU DO THIS YOU WILL LOOSE ANY CHANGES THAT YOU MADE SINCE THE DATE YOU SELECTED TO RESTORE TO. As a rule of thumb unless you know you have not installed or made any changes to any thing after the selected date than your best bet would be to uninstall and reinstall FS. Your best practice would be to make a backup of FS on a regular basis that way you have something that you know works <<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby investdude » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:19 pm

This has nothing to do with runways. After take off on a westbound flight, ATC gives me vectors eastbound which makes no sense.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby EVVFCX » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:08 pm

HI,

Every year I do a flight which departs south east then easterly the predominant departure is to the south west but can end up with a turn after initial climb to the north and east then south east so it's not a problem to be vectored to what may seem appear as the wrong direction.

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby investdude » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:06 pm

This is not a temporary vector I'm complaining about, it's a vector that never ends. Something is screwed up in the ATC files but since I don't know where they are I can't look at them to see if I can correct it.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Tiger1962 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:03 pm

This is unlikely to be a fault with the ATC files. Anomalies like this can be inherited when you save a flight as the default flight. To clear the current default flight, open your FS9.cfg with Notepad and search for "SITUATION=C:\", then delete everything on that line after C:\ and save the FS9.cfg. When you restart FS2004, I recommend creating a new default flight in the C172 on the active runway at your local airport with the engine running and no other settings selected.
Tiger1962
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:48 am

Tiger1962 wrote:This is unlikely to be a fault with the ATC files. Anomalies like this can be inherited when you save a flight as the default flight. To clear the current default flight, open your FS9.cfg with Notepad and search for "SITUATION=C:\", then delete everything on that line after C:\ and save the FS9.cfg. When you restart FS2004, I recommend creating a new default flight in the C172 on the active runway at your local airport with the engine running and no other settings selected.

I agree with this completely if you save a flight and make it your default flight and you are using any weather other than real world weather than every time you crank up FSX it will load that weather no matter where you go to.
the only way to avoid that is to save your default using the clear skies or no weather option. than once you go to the airport you want to depart from change to real world weather or use some other program that generates weather like Active Sky. You also have to remember that the flight planer in FSX will not use SIDS or STARS and you will always get the fly runway heading option no matter what you do.
If you want to create realistic flight plans there are several free programs that will do this ROUTE FINDER is one of them I myself use Sim Brief it will use the current AIRC cycles to generate a realistic flight plan but you will need a NAVIGRAPH subscription to do this
This is the link for route finder http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

This is the link for Sim Brief https://www.simbrief.com
You will have to register to use Sim Brief but it is free
this is the best free route planner you can find
It tells you every thing you need to know. This is the site you want to use if your aircraft has a real working FMC and not some generic version that will not allow you to program it
The only air craft that have a working FMC that I am aware of are payware aircraft I have two aircraft that have real working FMC'S A fleet of CRJ'S by Aerosoft and the PMDG NGX B737-800/900
These aircraft have a real working FMC just like the real aircraft does of course there are some things that are different than the real thing but not many with these FMC'S you can fly a real SID or STAR using the actual procedures to do so. It will allow you to fly the path you want to take. Of course you can not use ATC when using this as it will only follow the FSX flight plan that you generated.
What I do is program the FMC than create a FSX flight plan This allows you to take off under IFR conditions, and once I get air born I never reply to ATC and the plane will fly the route I created in the FMC
some times the two routes are a lot alike but the problem is the NAV DATA in FSX is older than dirt and will not have most of the way points you use.
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby investdude » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:48 pm

OK, problem solved! The fault was in the flight plan. Some how a waypoint far to the east got into the flight plan, I don't know how.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight