Small problem

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Small problem

Postby jrbirdman » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:19 am

I have a few different planes by Bill Lyons and they all have the same issue; the area where the tail number would be is blank and untextured. The rest of the aircraft is fine. Does anyone know the fix for this? Best regards, Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Small problem

Postby garymbuska » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:44 am

It sounds as if some texture are either missing or files are not in the correct folder. If you look in the FSX forum you will see a post about an almost invisible airplane the problem was textures were not in the correct folder.
In this case some textures called common textures had to be in the main FSX texture folder.
In your case they might have to be in the main FS2004 texture folder.
Can you tell us what plane and where you downloaded it from so others can check it out to see if you have missed something. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Small problem

Postby Hagar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:40 am

jrbirdman wrote:I have a few different planes by Bill Lyons and they all have the same issue; the area where the tail number would be is blank and untextured. The rest of the aircraft is fine. Does anyone know the fix for this? Best regards, Jeremy

Without knowing which files you're referring to I suspect this "issue" is actually a feature of some of Bill Lyons' models which enables the user to give the aircraft their own unique tail number.

This is copied from the Readme included with his PA22 Tri-Pacer package. https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=pa221.zip&categoryId=&filename=Y

PERSONALIZATION:

To personalize your registration numbers just select the desired aircraft in the fs2004 menu and change the registration numbers to whatever country and numbers that you want.

Here's a few shots to show how it works. I've given the first one my own registration G-RMPY

This is how it appears in the selection menu window

In the cockpit

And on the fuselage

I gave the amphibian version the registration G-HAGR

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight