Farallon Islands off the coast of San Francisco...

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Farallon Islands off the coast of San Francisco...

Postby Fozzer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:24 pm

...for any of my FS 2004 Chums who have installed, and like me, enjoyed, the scenery file for the; "Farallon Islands", (in the Pacific Ocean, just off the Coast from Golden Gate bridge)...

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?C ... ID=&Page=6

I found this little snippet of news today, rather interesting!....>>>

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/ ... 086006.php

A problem with Meeces!.... :o .... :D ... :D ...!

Paul... ;) ... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Farallon Islands off the coast of San Francisco...

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:34 am

That's sounds like something the government would do. But wait they might decide to bring in some other animal that does not belong there to take care of the rodents. Than they will have to find a way to get rid of the animal they introduced.
That is usually the way it works. Just like here in Florida they decided to bring the MUSCOVY duck which is native to New Mexico to take care of the algae problem but now there is a problem with the duck they are running off the native duck the Mallard because the Muscovy is bigger
But the Canadian Geese have helped a little with the introduced duck population.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby napamule » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:44 pm

And you will never starve them to death. They are cannibalistic. And apparently there is lots of 'food' around. BBQ anyone? Ha.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby lost sailor » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:14 am

Hi Fozzer -- Back after a long break and now retired. Lots of time go flying again......I always like to fly out of SFO since San Francisco was my home town, I don't need nav aids to fly the Bay Area.....I don't think I've said Hi to you in nigh on to twenty years - I never knew the Farallons were so infested. On clear days I could see the islands. I miss the City but not what's happening there now - I saw the light and left in '98.
I'm not in Wash DC any more and the closest airport here is KBFD
Hope you've been well

Lew
lost sailor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight