Misty/Tongass Scenery Order?

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Misty/Tongass Scenery Order?

Postby LTCSZ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:52 pm

I have resurrected my old copy of the great Misty/Tongass Fjords scenery but have a question...In some of the add on stuff I have downloaded for the sceneries, the author recommends putting all M/T sceneries "below" the main scenery entries in the library...Should the main M/T sceneries be kept at the top of the library (like, numbers 1 through 4) or does it really matter? Thanks a lot...
LTCSZ
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Misty/Tongass Scenery Order?

Postby nbrich1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:18 am

You are running FS2004/FS9 ? Hmmm Ok. Don't think it matters too much in FS9 but the norm is that tongass scenery is placed above all the sim default, and Misty Moorings/Fjords is placed above Tongass.

These older sites were for FS9- Not longer supported but there is still lots of info:

http://www.mistymoorings.com/index.php

http://www.mistymoorings.com/tongass/index.php

Most have progressed to FSX and/or P3D - and Misty Moorings has also progressed with these sims including P3Dv4x.
Mistys New Site: http://return.mistymoorings.com/
nbrich1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Misty/Tongass Scenery Order?

Postby garymbuska » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:17 am

LTCSZ wrote:I have resurrected my old copy of the great Misty/Tongass Fjords scenery but have a question...In some of the add on stuff I have downloaded for the sceneries, the author recommends putting all M/T sceneries "below" the main scenery entries in the library...Should the main M/T sceneries be kept at the top of the library (like, numbers 1 through 4) or does it really matter? Thanks a lot...

The order that scenery is in is important you have to think like an artist painting a picture because that is exactly what you are doing. If you put things in the wrong order it can create things like planes sticking into a hanger or other wired problems.
All of the flight simulators treat new scenery files the same way it puts them at the top of the list and that can create problems especially if the new scenery is an update to original scenery if this is the case you usually put the update at the very bottom of the list so that the original scenery is displayed first than it is updated.
The reason for this is you always want to display the original scenery first as the update could have what are called exclude lines which is the way you erase or remove an object so you can put something different in its place.
and if you put the new object before you remove the old object that will create a problem 99% of the time 8-)
This is the way you have to think when displaying scenery.
Now scenery that is called mesh files is different these are files that are designed to MESH with the original file and in most cases it does not matter which way you display them. One should always look for a readme file that is with the download that will tell you what you have to do in order to use the file. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight