Boeing factory scenery: once it existed, now...

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Boeing factory scenery: once it existed, now...

Postby Hoorf » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm

A couple years after I got into FS2004, I'd happened upon a scenery package which replaced the generic buildings at the 3 Boeing facilities (Everett-Paine, Seattle-Boeing and Renton) with authentic, adequate buildings which looked just like the real buildings and weren't frame-rate heavy. I go looking around recently...and I can't find it anymore. I'm not worried about the AFCAD layout files, I can do those myself...it's the key buildings. Has anyone seen this anywhere? I found one last night, installed it...nothing. Might as well've been nothing. Just curious, miss the scenery. Thanks!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Re: Boeing factory scenery: once it existed, now...

Postby akoyeh » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:30 pm

Am remembering a basic scenery downloaded from FlightSim probably 15 years ago. boeing3.zip There's also a short 2013 discussion in Avsim's forums regarding the scenery, same name to the zip file. It's no longer installed here on my rig but it wasn't too bad really. One of the 2 sites (or both) may still have it in their files library. Happy hunting.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:33 pm

akoyeh wrote:.
Am remembering a basic scenery downloaded from FlightSim probably 15 years ago. boeing3.zip There's also a short 2013 discussion in Avsim's forums regarding the scenery, same name to the zip file. It's no longer installed here on my rig but it wasn't too bad really. One of the 2 sites (or both) may still have it in their files library. Happy hunting.

Hi, akoyeh, and thanks for the quick reply. That was one of the two files I downloaded, installed, activated and checked. No soap, unfortunately. Probably got lost to time, hard to tell. It was worth a shot, hope you have a great Holiday Season!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby akoyeh » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:45 pm

Have seen a fine-looking scenery several months ago that almost saw me re-installing FSX just to have it: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodSeaADs_X.htm Love the scenery as well as the area in real life, hanging out there several times just to watch the eclectic mixes come and go. Wonderful. Alas, that one is for X-Plane, P3D, and FSX. FS2004 really needs a really good scenery of Boeing and Paine Fields.

Maybe the one you're seeking will re-emerge from the dungeons of Simville's community. Hoping so, as it would be great to fly in style there again. Just did 2 nights ago, default scenery amped fully. Wasn't too bad with UT and GEP dialed in. Besides those 2 addons & my buffer meshes, that's all the payware I'm using this time around.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:06 pm

akoyeh wrote:.Maybe the one you're seeking will re-emerge from the dungeons of Simville's community. Hoping so, as it would be great to fly in style there again. Just did 2 nights ago, default scenery amped fully. Wasn't too bad with UT and GEP dialed in. Besides those 2 addons & my buffer meshes, that's all the payware I'm using this time around..

Hopefully so. There's repaints to focus on now, since I learned how to do that, and hopefully something will emerge...thanks again!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight