Mitsushi Yutaka's MD-81, having tech issues

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Mitsushi Yutaka's MD-81, having tech issues

Postby Hoorf » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:55 am

Howdy, hope everyone's well lately. I managed to find the freeware FS2004 MD-81/82 from Mitsushi Yutaka and Warren C. Daniel...the one with the Virtual Cockpit. Installed it (there were no installation instructions), fired it up, here's what I got:

* no gauges in the 2D or VC cockpits
* thrust reversers work by 'pumping' the power levers repeatedly in the reverse detent area (Saitek quadrants), it work just fine for other jets. Sounds are fine, too.

I'll say this: I'm already in love with the plane, it's the only freeware Mad Dog out there with a VC. Not easy to find, but worth the effort. Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong with just the simple installation of the plane, that it would not display the gauges? Should the gauge and sound files be put in the gauge/sound folders in the main folder? And the reverser operation...hopefully, someone reading this will have the same Mad Dog and know what to do. I'd greatly appreciate the help, thank you very much!

P.S. -- All I need now is an Allegiant repaint... 8)
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Re: Mitsushi Yutaka's MD-81, having tech issues

Postby pete » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:39 am

Hi - as there are nearly always varied versions of a file and each may differ in VC's, panels, etc - can you please say the exact file you are referring to?

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:45 am

As Pete says, please be more specific. We need to know which file you're having problems with & where it's posted so someone can download it to check it out.
I can't find an FS2004 version of the MD-81/82 by Mitsushi Yutaka on Simviation so I suspect you got it from another website.

Hoorf wrote:Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong with just the simple installation of the plane, that it would not display the gauges? Should the gauge and sound files be put in the gauge/sound folders in the main folder?

Generally speaking - if the gauges are in a sub-folder named gauges in the downloaded aircraft paste the complete contents of this folder into FS9\Gauges
OR the Panel folder of the aircraft they belong to. They will work from either location.
(The latter is my preferred option to prevent the FS9\Gauges folder becoming overloaded.)

I can't help with the thrust reversers. Sorry.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hoorf » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi, thanks for replying, was able to fiddle around with things a bit...got the gauges working, the contents of the aircraft's gauge file were put into the FS main gauges folder, and bingo. The reversers...went into Settings/Assignments, found their button function for the quadrant, the slider off to the right was only halfway. It worked great for all other jets in my stable, except this one; sliding it full-right made it work for this Mad Dog. All's well now.

I got the file from some Russian site after some rather vigorous searching, it was mentioned in various other fora of old with much interest: the only freeware Mad Dog with a VC. That's what piqued me. It was on other sites for awhile, but no longer inventoried there. Apparently, it was never payware.

The VC is great, but limited in mouse access, seems autopilot-only for mouse-clicks, not sure how to map a VC for other mouse-clicks. Otherwise, great perspective and animated controls. Climbs like a stripe-a**ed ape and looks great, too! Now, I just need to seek out an Allegiant repaint...thanks again!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight