FS2004 says the memory is not enough.

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

FS2004 says the memory is not enough.

Postby jive1 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:44 am

Hey!
I've been working on FS2004 since long...
Today is the first time, twice already FS2004 says it cannot continue because of insufficient memory.
What could be the origin? Yes, I have installed a couple of new sceneries, and I had one sort of crash when I installed the Dreamfactory LSZH scenery, and uninstalled it again. And after that I got twice, when I was flying, the message that FS2004 had to stop because of insufficient memory.
Where do I have to look for a solution?
Jive1 - Belgium
jive1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FS2004 says the memory is not enough.

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:31 am

jive1 wrote:Hey!
I've been working on FS2004 since long...
Today is the first time, twice already FS2004 says it cannot continue because of insufficient memory.
What could be the origin? Yes, I have installed a couple of new sceneries, and I had one sort of crash when I installed the Dreamfactory LSZH scenery, and uninstalled it again. And after that I got twice, when I was flying, the message that FS2004 had to stop because of insufficient memory.
Where do I have to look for a solution?
Jive1 - Belgium

It would help if we knew what are your system specs. And what version of Windows are you using 32 or 64 bit?
It makes a big difference as a 32 bit system can only access 3.2gigs of ram so you are limited. When i was using a 32 bit system I had to turn down the sliders and make some adjustment in the FS9 CFG file to prevent this message from showing up.
As you can see by my signature I am now using a 64 bit system and have 12 gigs of ram installed and run FS9 and FSX maxed out with no problems.
if you look at the top of the FS9 section you will see a sticky that will show you some of the adjustments you might want to make. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: FS2004 says the memory is not enough.

Postby jive1 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:31 am

Hey!
Thank you for your reaction.
I've meantime been experimenting myself, and found that a file which belonged to another scenery got in the wrong folder of my system. Taking the file away helped me.
Everything is OK now.
Jive1 - Belgium
jive1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight