Blueprint software refuses to re-install

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Blueprint software refuses to re-install

Postby jive1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:48 am

Hey!
What to do, if an older FS9 scenery software of Blueprint refuses to re-install. It says... KMSP v1.1.1 for FS2004 can not be installed on Windows XP/Vista x64.
However I am using Windows 10 now
Thank for a good suggestion
jive1 - Belgium
jive1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Blueprint software refuses to re-install

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:47 am

I checked the Blueprint FAQ page. http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/BluePrint_FAQ.html

This might depend on how old the software is & your version of Windows 10 (32 or 64-bit). Here's is the relevant FAQ:

How can I obtain 64-bit compatible versions of the installers for your older products including KCLE, KRDU, KDAL, KIAD, KSDF, KMSP and KIND?

If you purchased any of our products including KCLE, KDAL, KRDU, KIAD, KSDF, KMSP and KIND before April of 2008, the scenery installers may not be compatible with the 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. Unfortunately, the products have reached the end of their life cycle and they are no longer supported. We no longer provide 64-bit compatible installers to customers that purchased those sceneries before April of 2008 or those that purchased the sceneries from other web sites.

Hope this helps.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:20 am

As usual Hagar is dead on about this. The problem in most cases is that Windows 10 no longer supports the service that the program needs to install. I ran into the same thing when I tried to reinstall CAPTAIN SIM LEGENDARY B727
In my case Captain Sim sent me a newer version that does install. So check with the developer and hopefully they will do the same thing or offer you something of equal value. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:22 am

If you read the FAQ it's not Windows 10 in this case. The installer is not compatible with 64-bit systems. There is no update.

If you purchased any of our products including KCLE, KDAL, KRDU, KIAD, KSDF, KMSP and KIND before April of 2008, the scenery installers may not be compatible with the 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. Unfortunately, the products have reached the end of their life cycle and they are no longer supported. We no longer provide 64-bit compatible installers to customers that purchased those sceneries before April of 2008 or those that purchased the sceneries from other web sites.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jive1 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:17 am

Hey!
I solved my problem as follows....
I still have an older pc with Windows 7.
I made a fake install of my older Blueprint software, then ripped the scenery files and copied them to my regular PC with Windows 10, where my FS9 is installed.
No problem at all so far!
Jive1 - Belgium
jive1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:41 am

Good one! 8-)

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:47 am

jive1 wrote:Hey!
I solved my problem as follows....
I still have an older pc with Windows 7.
I made a fake install of my older Blueprint software, then ripped the scenery files and copied them to my regular PC with Windows 10, where my FS9 is installed.
No problem at all so far!
Jive1 - Belgium

There you go like I always say there is more than one way to skin a cat. That is using your head 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight