Charger

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Charger

Postby jet » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:21 am

My attempt to install Mr Thomas Ruth's Charger (TU144) and Transload VA TU144 has not been successful, I think I
am very good at installing my planes but this time I am not sure of myself now, I DL and installed the Transload
Charger for FS9, As always I read the instructions when I started up to fly it crashed. Same as Mr Ruth's Charger.
I do not use the auto install because I do not like them and you may point the plane to the right file but it does
not always work. I have no problem with the concede or the SST by Mr Ito they all run very well.

Amelia
jet
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Charger

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:17 pm

jet wrote:My attempt to install Mr Thomas Ruth's Charger (TU144) and Transload VA TU144 has not been successful, I think I
am very good at installing my planes but this time I am not sure of myself now, I DL and installed the Transload
Charger for FS9, As always I read the instructions when I started up to fly it crashed. Same as Mr Ruth's Charger.
I do not use the auto install because I do not like them and you may point the plane to the right file but it does
not always work. I have no problem with the concede or the SST by Mr Ito they all run very well.

Amelia

Are you sure this is a flyable aircraft. With FS9 all aircraft go into the the Aircraft folder
Every flyable aircraft should have the following folders
MODEL
PANEL
SOUND
Than you should see an AIRCRAFT.CFG file
If the file was missing the PANEL FOLDER and there is no panel CFG file odds are that this is an AI AIRCRAFT Not meant to fly.
But if you put a panel folder in it with a panel you can try to fly these aircraft but the results are usually not good
i do not know this person and have not downloaded anything from him. But than I do not download alot of freeware aircraft
Like you I do not trust auto installers but in some cases it is the only way to install the aircraft. So you have to ask yourself do you trust the person providing the download or not. Unless I am familiar with them I do not down load the file
One thing for sure make a back up before proceeding
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Charger

Postby Hagar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:54 pm

jet wrote:My attempt to install Mr Thomas Ruth's Charger (TU144) and Transload VA TU144 has not been successful,

I presume this is the file? https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=TVAtu144_2.zip&categoryId=

I did the same as you & redirected the auto-installer to a folder on my desktop named New Folder. See my shot below.

Installation should be straightforward. Note there are 3 folders named Aircraft, Effects & Sound. These are the same as folders in the FS2004 root directory.
With downloads configured like this simply paste the contents of these folders into their correspondingly named folders in your FS2004.
The aircraft is listed as Transload Airlines under Manufacturer.

This is the result

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight