a very strange & selective case of the STUTTERS

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

a very strange & selective case of the STUTTERS

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:36 am

I have installed 3 versions of FS2004 (Golden Wings, Silver Wings, Ford Tri-Motor Tribute) plus a Demo FSX. On my three FS2004 versions all sliders are to the right, tweaked all CFG's like recomended in this forum & added some sceneries plus many GA aircraft (me no gusta big cattle haulers for stupid tourists nor jets nor windwills UNLESS they are Autogyros). The FSX Demo is limited to the Caribean area & I use to store & fly aircraft not compatible with FS9, with sliders about 50% & water effects high.

When Gary went flying to the other shore Image the Ford tri-Motor site was blocked for a while. Then since a week ago it reopened & I was able to download many sceneries, aircraft & textures. They work flawlessly in my Windos 10 Home OS, a real Paradise for Low & Slow flights, piloting GA aircraft with a ventilator up front, floats, radial engines... ETCÉTERA!!

To my dismay, yesterday oh yesterday I discovered ONE Stutter place, when checking Ford Tri-Motor textures I just installed, before taking off from the Ford Factory Airfield in Dearborn MI. stutters started right away when paning around me from the VC & the Spot Plane view:

Undaunted I took position for take off at runway 12, since the Stutter case was mild & manageable:

I discovered there is a full US Army base here!

Strange, if I zoom-in a Little, stutters are almost gone:

Almost gone too if I look downward in Spot Plane view:

Stutters also diminish looking forward & augment when looking backwards, from VC & Spot Plane views:

After flying low & slow for 5 minuten, stutters are vanished!!

Since my Lap does not have access to memory cards for increasing RAM, I will use an external memory & see what happens. So far I have not discovered anything like this in any other FS2004. No, I do not want to move left any of those sliders. I juggled with Weather 3D Clouds & Cloud Coverage sliders to the left, with no stutter change. Nor there were any diferences in the sky clouds!! (with Weather Themes set to Building Storms).
:think: :think: :think:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: a very strange & selective case of the STUTTERS

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:40 am

Greetings from Cape Town..
Not sure what is happening with you stutters, mine seems ok on my i5 4GB laptop.

I also have an install just for ALL the Ford stuff, only the Ford scenery, Miltons old planes & Mike Stone's stuff from Garry's site. I also added 'interesting' planes cars & boats.

I'm also using Howards The Natural World textures, with Golden Wings added to North America, giving me an install that is now about 90GB in size! (I also have my Golden Wings install!

I was beta testing Garry's Death Star add-on just before he passed on, & he was going to develop it into a complete scenario.

Anyhow, best of luck with the stutters, & happy landings.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:09 pm

STUTTERS UPDATE :mrgreen:
I resolved those stutters by sliding FS9 sliders back to 90% & in traffic, uncheking Airlines + sliders at 90% . Not visually noticeable, Ai traffic as usual & fluent flights. :dance:
Jean, the Unstuttered One
<<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Jean Loup » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Jean Loup wrote:STUTTERS UPDATE :mrgreen:
I resolved those stutters by sliding FS9 sliders back to 90% & in traffic, uncheking Airlines + sliders at 90% . Not visually noticeable, Ai traffic as usual & fluent flights. :dance:
Jean, the Unstuttered One
<<t

Now I have put all sceneries in a SCENERY FiLE out of FS2004 (ACOF) files. Then reactivated from there, and the stutters are gone, even with ALL SLIDERS back to 100%. Another bonus: I can install any Scenery to any of my 3 (three is a tree with an H) versions of FS2004 (ACOF).
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight