There's gotta be a simple fix for this

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

There's gotta be a simple fix for this

Postby jrbirdman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:09 pm

So every time I want to do an IFR plan, as soon as I pull up my flight planner, FS9 freezes. Doesn't matter the aircraft. I could've sworn this has been an issue for others and it was quickly resolved, but for the life of me I can't remember what to do. I ask you fine people for your help. Thanks everyone. Kindest regards, Jeremy <<t
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: There's gotta be a simple fix for this

Postby garymbuska » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:17 am

jrbirdman wrote:So every time I want to do an IFR plan, as soon as I pull up my flight planner, FS9 freezes. Doesn't matter the aircraft. I could've sworn this has been an issue for others and it was quickly resolved, but for the life of me I can't remember what to do. I ask you fine people for your help. Thanks everyone. Kindest regards, Jeremy <<t

I looked around and discovered that in most cases the problem you are experiencing is caused by either a bad panel or gauge or some bad scenery.
If it use to work and you added something than that is what is causing your problem.
One suggestion would be to use system restore and go back to a date when it use to work but be warned if you have added anything from the restore date to the current date it will be lost.
The other option is to uninstall and reinstall FS9. Then make changes one at a time and check after wards to make sure everything is still working. I know this is a big pain in the REAR but it is the only way to find out what caused your problem.
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Amelia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Dear Birdman,

I ran into this problem when I DL a scenery that was old, it corrupted my system, I had to do a re-install and then
I got rid of this bogus scenery. Sometimes you just don'nt know what this file or others may do to your system.

Amelia
Amelia
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby jrbirdman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Thanks everyone, I'll look into "doing what must be done." :) Much appreciated to all. All the best, Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight