Strange event

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Re: Strange event

Postby garymbuska » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 am

EVVFCX wrote:Hi Gary,

Not been on the site for a little while and saw this problem with the 1 & 2 for ATC and you saying the screen just flashed, sounds like you were changing the view but because it was a quick press you didn't see the new view just the display starting to change then back to it's original view.

Having Num lock ON/OFF will do this, if you had set the button to use Num 1 then num lock was off your then changing the view.

As someone has mentioned, don't use the Saitek software, I've not even installed it once, I use registered version of FSUIPC and do the compound button settings as well to get more out of the yoke's buttons, otherwise your only getting one command for each button where you can get three on each with compound settings.

regards

Steve

I thought about that and even thought my keyboard might have a problem since it is wireless but I opened up note pad and made sure that the num lock was working and it was so who knows
The only thing I can think of is some update changed this but have no idea as to which one and when did it change.

The software that I use to make the profiles with has a test feature so you can see what happens when you press a button and when I press the right hand button on my yoke the number 1 comes up.
What ever the reason it was simple to change the profile to use the keyboard 1 rather than the num 1 and it works like it should.
Just cross it off as another one of those strange events that you will never figure out :?
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Captain Midnight » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 am

Does it REALLY matter than MS doesn't support an operating system anymore?
I'm still on WInXP and everything works just as it did years ago. I run security software with it and have had NO problems with all the bad guys everyone said would arrive at my doorstep.
Have a feeling that sheep scatter every time someone cries Wolf .... or a new program comes out. Gotta have it ... Gotta have it ... Gotta have it ....
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:34 am

Captain Midnight wrote:Does it REALLY matter than MS doesn't support an operating system anymore?
I'm still on WInXP and everything works just as it did years ago. I run security software with it and have had NO problems with all the bad guys everyone said would arrive at my doorstep.
Have a feeling that sheep scatter every time someone cries Wolf .... or a new program comes out. Gotta have it ... Gotta have it ... Gotta have it ....

No there is no reason that you can not use it as is. The problem you will run into is you will not be able to buy or add new software to your system as your operating system will not run it.
You will no longer get any updates to the Operating system any longer which can lead to problems in the future. But as long as you do not try to add any thing to it you should not have any issues. The software you have on it will still work but be care full and make sure you turn off the auto update feature as some software you have may try to update and it will not work.
Of course adding any new hardware could be an issue as well things like hard drives and perhaps even keyboards mice and monitors could have an issue. But most these devices are plug and play and your system should have a driver for them. But some of the newer hardware requires a new driver and you will not be able to install it
Other than that as long as it still runs you can use it. When you start having issues is when it is time to retire it to the Computer God. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Previous

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight