How can I add a Pilot to an FS 2004 aircraft?

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

How can I add a Pilot to an FS 2004 aircraft?

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:29 am

I am refering to FS 2004 Edgley Optica (my derelict Lap is obsolete for FSX). I hope I will not need a NASA engineering degree :o but the FS 2002 Optica contains a pilot & passenger & FSX Optica also has a pilot. Maybe there is a way to do this operation by adding "something" in the Texture folders. Or maybe it's a Model thing? Never went into MDL configuration (sounds complicated & complex) :think: GRACiAS, Jean
<<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: How can I add a Pilot to an FS 2004 aircraft?

Postby Hagar » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:18 am

Hi Jean. Afraid this is not possible without the author's source file.

Now, if this was CFS2 you could add a pilot in the DP file. Shame they never included this feature in FS. :violin:
http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/cfs2/spitpak.htm

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Hagar wrote:Hi Jean. Afraid this is not possible without the author's source file.

Now, if this was CFS2 you could add a pilot in the DP file. Shame they never included this feature in FS. :violin:
http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/cfs2/spitpak.htm

HOLA Hagar, thank you for a quick answer. I did mail the author Jeffrey Nissen (10:44 am), but I was not expecting an automatic answer with a Spam Blocker containing a temporary Form to fill & be accepted (3:49 pm), so I sended again and waiting for answer to my problem:

:violin: :violin: :violin:
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:41 am

Even if you get the source files you will than need a means to create a pilot for the plane and that may not be an easy task. If you still have hair on your head you might want to think twice about this. I once attempted making a aircraft and darn near went bald before I finally said enough is enough. Mind you I was trying to learn to use GMAX and this is not a program for the weak and weary by no means. I had never tried anything like this before and was told all aircraft start out as polygons that are than tweaked to look like a aircraft. It looked easy enough but boy was I ever wrong on that one. I was trying to make a P38 and could not for the life me stretch the polygons to look like the aircraft following the instructions they give you.
Lots of luck and let us know if you are successful.
Of course making a pilot might be a simple task. I honestly do not know.
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Captain Midnight » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:23 pm

Could this be it?

Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:32 am

Captain Midnight wrote:Could this be it?

No, I can COPY but NO PASTE ; do you have one with GLUE iNCLUDED? :think: :pray: :snooty:
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Apex » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:14 pm

That's about the size of GMax, not for weak-knees. Years ago when I was into how FS worked behind the scenes I did take a look at it, I think I was able to create some spheres or whatever, but that was about it. From what I've seen of pilot texture files via Image Tool it looks like a "Don't try this at home" thing. I did some repaints back then, that was a real stretcher for my imagination to lie down on, but having had enough graphics experience via Excel (yeah, Excel can do some interesting things) I was able to deal with it, but very time consuming.

However, it's always good to try something.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Captain Midnight » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Jean Loup wrote:No, I can COPY but NO PASTE ; do you have one with GLUE iNCLUDED? :think: :pray: :snooty:

There's actually glue on the back of it ..... all you have to do is lick it and place in cockpit.
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:55 am

Jean Loup you've probably learned now that it's not just a question of ticking a box somewhere in FS.

You need to get the source file and be familiar with aircraft design - but as for pilots - you can add a ready made pilot such as this for Gmax. (Anyone who is contemplating or involved in aircraft deign will probably already know this.)
http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... p&x=16&y=9
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby garymbuska » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:55 am

If you try GMAX you will also need the (SDK) Software Developers Kit) for FS2004 and I am not sure where to find that any more. If you can not get a hold of this there is no point to get GMAX as you will not be able to use it for FS2004. I also have no clue if GMAX will work for any other version of Flight simulator including PREPAR 3D
<<q
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby ViperPilot » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:25 am

ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Jean Loup » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:42 pm

THANKS TO ALL, after visiting the links... :think: I decided to chicken-out for the time being!! :doh: :doh: :doh:
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight