DECAY

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Re: DECAY

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:54 am

Anthindelahunt wrote:
Anthin. Sending Fozzer a load of bricks for his arsenal... :angelic-flying:

...together with a Steak and Kidney Pie, and lots of Gravy.... :dance: ....!

....JOY!.... :D ...!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:44 am

I agree with Jean. Combine The Ford Tri-Motor Project, Bill's stuff, Milton's (& team) creations, & so on..
There have been very innovative stuff for us. From waaay back, we had a 4 formation Red Arrow team, that was animated when hitting flaps & '/', our Zeppelin, cars, subs, & even a train!
Thanks to Garry, we have ski slopes, ramps, airports in mountains & even sloping runways.
Are we in decay? After 12 years, we are just starting..

Oh, not forgetting that we, unlike the FSX'ers & others, spend more time flying than tweaking.. Our stuff just works!!... Always.. <<q
<<v
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:47 am

I love my FS 2004 to bits.... :dance: ....

....after all, it has kept me sane and trouble-free since 2003!... :D ..!

..the thing is, with my present, super gaming computer.... :o ...., I can ratchet all the settings up to Max, I can now enjoy the various benefits of running my copy of FSX!
...and I can still use all my favourite FS 2004 Aircraft, and FS 2004 add-on Scenery, in it!
Best of both Worlds!
The one thing that FSX brings alive, for me, is the AI traffic....both in the air, on the ground, and in the water!.... :D ...!
A trip along Interstate 5 from LA to Washington State, using "Ultimate Terrain USA", "ORBX FTX Global", etc, with all the road traffic below me, always keeps me company, and adds the realism to the scenery!

I love exploring the scenery with the help of "FS Tramp (FS Navigator)" and "Plan-G" sat nav maps.

FSX is a nice step-up to FS 2004 if you have a super-fandango i7 Processor to handle the increased strain!

I run FSX daily, and FS 2004 (FS 2002...FS'98.... :shock: ....) now and again, for a spot of nostalgia... 8-) ...!

...in between cooking my daily Dinner, mowing my grass, and Motorcycling all around the World... :D ...!

Never a dull moment... :dance: ...!

Paul... :lol: .... :lol: .....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:40 am

I would not give up FS2004 for anything. I remember after switching over to Windows 10 and discovered that FS2004 would not run how disappointing it was for me. Of course than I found out all I had to do was to install the nocdcrack and my FS2004 would run again. I almost went out and got drunk. I plan on keeping FS2004 for as long as I can.
It saddens me though that you no longer see anything new come out for FS2004. But there are still a lot of good stuff for it out there.
I for one plan on staying with Simviation as other sites are down right hostile and like stated want money for one reason or another.
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Previous

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight