Sudden increase in ai traffic

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Sudden increase in ai traffic

Postby mikeEmerc » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:02 pm

This has been an on going problem for some time in my FS9 set up.
I googled for an answer for a solution with no luck.
I am sitting ,getting my flight ready in my parking spot,and notice a frame drop.
When I turn on my traffic radar,I see in the 20 mile radius,over 40 aircraft,when usually,an average of 5-6 ai are in that area.
What causes this seemingly random escalation or increase in ai traffic right out of the blue?
mikeEmerc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Sudden increase in ai traffic

Postby Hagar » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:09 am

The only thing I can think of is that your Air Traffic density settings have changed. I'm sure you've already checked that. :think:

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby mikeEmerc » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:51 am

Yep. Sure did check it.I keep it at 62% and never change it.
mikeEmerc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:40 am

It's the holiday traffic.

Lots of folk off to sunny day places.

...probably...

Paul.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby tgibson » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:06 pm

Try a different time, it appears you chose a busy hour.
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Captain Midnight » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:32 pm

It is my understanding that it takes a few minutes after starting FS2004 before AI traffic begins to "move"/"show up". As stated previously, you are evidently in a high traffic area and they all seem to "appear" at once.
It sounds good, anyway .....
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby mikeEmerc » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:57 pm

Actually,this happens frequently and randomly.
I keep my sim running 24/7 . When I am not flying,I keep the ac parked at an airport.
So,all ac have had all the time in the world to get running on their schedule.
I use a radar that needs FSUIPC ver 3.8 or there abouts,which I have,which is registered and fully operational.
The screen can show 5 ac then out of nowhere WHAM, 30 or more ac appear from no where instantly.
No folks,there's a glitch somewhere...maybe from an add on.Problem is,I do so much adding on of ac and gauges and scenery and panel modification that its impossible to begin to know where the problem originated.
mikeEmerc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Captain Midnight » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:37 am

Your "ongoing problem" ..... which has been observed by others ..... may just be FS2004, i.e., how it was programmed to handle AI aircraft.
After all, it was designed to be a Flight Simulator game ..... not a Sight Simulator. You actually don't see much AI detail while in the cockpit.
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:48 am

mikeEmerc wrote:Actually,this happens frequently and randomly.
I keep my sim running 24/7 . When I am not flying,I keep the ac parked at an airport.
So,all ac have had all the time in the world to get running on their schedule.
I use a radar that needs FSUIPC ver 3.8 or there abouts,which I have,which is registered and fully operational.
The screen can show 5 ac then out of nowhere WHAM, 30 or more ac appear from no where instantly.
No folks,there's a glitch somewhere...maybe from an add on.Problem is,I do so much adding on of ac and gauges and scenery and panel modification that its impossible to begin to know where the problem originated.

One way to solve is to remove some of your flight plans. If you have ever flown out airports like KATL KDFW and KMCO to name a few there are peak times when you will see more traffic.
Sometimes if I am approaching one of these airports during a busy time I completely turn off AI. I hate it when you are on final approach and out of no where a plane jumps in front of you lands and ATC will tell you to go around. My biggest reason I hate AI and do not have a lot of flight plans. <<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:25 am

When it comes to lots of traffic, I always make a point of avoiding the busy morning and afternoon Parent's; "School "Runs" during the week.

The stuff up in the air doesn't worry me too much.

...that's their problem... :whistle: ...!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby mikeEmerc » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:47 am

Fozzer,...you're a wild one,hahaha !!!
Yep,actually,I DO have several additional flight plans along with the default FS9 flight plan. I keep my ai setting around something like 69%.
But the added flight plans I have are KEDW and maybe 2 more military air bases. I edited the plans to just military craft,and the pop up traffic that is giving me fits are non military ai ac.
The way I eliminate these irritating pop up ai ac is to set my time (using a clock gau in my panel) up an hour,then returning it back to the present time. I can watch the pop up ac disappear from my radar until I have the proper flights only showing.
With that ,maybe someone has experienced the same thing and used the same solution and found what the problem is.
And ,really, you are most likely quite right about the flight plans.
Just because I dont see military ai ac in the radar when this happens doesnt mean those plans cant effect the default and send the cessnas and such into flight.
Who knows. The world of ones and zeros projected in logic onto the screen is a strange world,where when not perfect in design,can produce some strange effects.
mikeEmerc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight