Ai problem with ACG IWM Duxford for FS 2004

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Ai problem with ACG IWM Duxford for FS 2004

Postby Jean Loup » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:40 pm

I have installed both files (ACG IWM Duxford FS9 + ACG IWM Duxford Airshow Addon) and I activated them in the indicated order:

When I take off from Duxford EGS2 at 12:00 GMT (13:00 Local) there is another scheduled flight of a Spitfire Mk XIX & a Harvard (Taz) taking off from Duxford EGSU. BUT only the Spitfire reaches that position. When the Harvard starts moving to follow the Spitfire lead, it wobbles & DiSAPPEARS!! Here is the static position of the Harvard, behind my Demoiselle:

Demoiselle & Spitfire taking off...

...but NO HARVARD any more!!

To make things a little stranger, when I try to fly in formation with the other Harvard (09:00 GMT or 10:00 Local) the very same thing happens: it starts getting in position, wobbles a bit & DiSAPPEARS!! Here is the Harvard schedule:

Is this situation correctable? HOW? :think: :think: :think: This happens in my three FS 2004's: Golden Wings, Silver Wings & Ford Tri-Motor Tribute - and only whith both Harvards. All other Ai aircraft fly very well. GRACiAS :pray: :pray: :pray:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: Ai problem with ACG IWM Duxford for FS 2004

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:53 am

This sounds like the aircraft that you are using is being used for more than one flight. One has to be careful when adding flight plans you have to make sure that there is not another flight plan during the same time frame. I try to maintain at least a two hour separation. If you have say a Cessna 150 set to fly from Kjax to kdab from 8:00 am to say 9:15 am which is more than enough time for the flight, and than have that same Cessna 150 scheduled to fly say from katl to kjax from 8:45 am to say 10:15 am this can cause the plane to disappear in mid flight from kjax to kdab
If this is not the case here I am not sure what else might be causing this.
I thought of the following that might caus the same issue
If an AI plane should crash for any reason it will disappear
I would check the aircraft cfg file of the plane to see if you can spot a problem.
If this aircraft disappears from any air field while trying to taxi than there is something wrong with the aircraft.
Is crash detection turned on? If so try turning it off to see what happens.

<<t
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Jean Loup » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:32 pm

garymbuska wrote:1.If an AI plane should crash for any reason it will disappear
AFTER turning off Crash Detection: if I close up on the Harvard, it starts wobling like the terrain had pot holes & VANiSHES. I RESETed THE FLiGHT and ZOOMED OUT to loose movement definition, and then FiNALLY!! :pray: I could take-off with Harvard KF-729: THE PROBLEM WAS catchig up flying a Messeschmitt Taifun :doh: :think:

Both Harvards in the background of my Taifun, one taxiing at top left & the other static at top right:

...I should have retracted flaps while the gear tucks in :doh: I barely could maintain the distance with retracted flaps :snooty: at full throtle

garymbuska wrote:2..I would check the aircraft cfg file of the plane to see if you can spot a problem.
That's a good one... me not trained & no specs.

garymbuska wrote:3...If this aircraft disappears from any air field while trying to taxi than there is something wrong with the aircraft.
Yes, since only both Harvards are affected :(

garymbuska wrote:4....Is crash detection turned on? If so try turning it off to see what happens.
I just turned it off to solve a crash problem with the dirigible strip on FORD TiMOR SCENERY. Then, repeated twice question number 1.

GRACiAS Garymbuska
<<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Jean Loup » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:19 pm

In 1989 there was an airshow to inaugurate Cuernavaca's Airport. I was reserve Skydiver in case someone from the Mexican team would not arrive in time. Since everyone was present & was free, I was invited as copilot of a Bf-108 posing under a 109 Luftwaffe skin, of the Confederate Air Force. My friend said Taifuns were used as trainers, so I only had to do exactly as indicated for take off and to circle the airfield, then he would take the control simulating a dog fight with a Hurricane (if my infidel memory is correct). I needed assistance with a strange throtle control & weird ground handling, but otherwise docile on take off & pleasant to fly around, stable & responsive :clap: :clap: :clap:
<<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:40 am

Open cockpits are a blast indeed but if you plan on flying to Kavik Alaska you might want to think twice about it especially if it is 20 below zero out side. Just a little to cold for me. :mrgreen: ;)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Jean Loup » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:40 am

garymbuska wrote:Open cockpits are a blast indeed but if you plan on flying to Kavik Alaska you might want to think twice about it especially if it is 20 below zero out side. Just a little to cold for me. :mrgreen: ;)

This open cockpits policy is for México down South (where I live). Even the Yucatán peninsula can be cold in Winter, but in the day time you can fly an open two seats Quicksilver with no winshield whatsoever, confortably wearing shorts with short sleves & Raybans. At 10,000 ft. above Tequesquitengo level (Tequesquitengo lagoon has 360 sunny days every year: +3,000 ft. above sea level=13,000 ft/asl) it starts to be cold.
<<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Captain Midnight » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:32 am

... if I were a YOUNG man ...only open air cockpits for me!!

NOTE: grammar is not mine, just respecting original author's rendition.

If a were a RICH man .....
Daidle deedle daidle
Daidle daidle deedle daidle dumb
..... think Tevye
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight