Site Newbie Here!

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Site Newbie Here!

Postby Captain Midnight » Wed May 11, 2016 9:48 am

Hey Everyone!

Been in MS Flightsim for awhile but new to this site and forum. Hope someone can help me here.
I am interested in downloading photo scenery that Godfried Razek created for FS2004. I believe it was the hi-res ChiliView series. I have found a few of his work here in the library, but I know there was much more on his BlueSky site (which now appears to be only FSX stuff).
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Captain Midnight ..... Over and Out
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Site Newbie Here!

Postby ViperPilot » Wed May 11, 2016 1:16 pm

Capt. Midnight,

Welcome to SimV! You'll find some good eggs here... quite helpful, and humorous at the same time!

For Gottfried's stuff, you could also try one of the other FS sites, like FlightSim.com if you don't find what you're looking for here.

Alan :ugeek:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Captain Midnight » Wed May 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Thanks, VP!
There's actually a discussion going on now at one of the "other" sites regarding some of the BlueSky Hi-Res stuff for FS2004. His cloud server might have lost a lot of his work ... at least that's one theory. I was just curious to see if anyone else had a lead.
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu May 12, 2016 7:54 am

Welcome to SIMVIATION
As stated there are plenty of people here that can help with just about anything when it come to FS204 Or FSX
Lots of luck on this I have looked at a few places myself and like you said everything I found is for FSX.
I know that there is MEGASCENERY that uses photo realistic Scenery And it can be found for FS2004 as well But have no idea if they have the areas you are looking for.
The scenery is by state I have MEGA SCENERY FLORIDA for FS2004 and it is not bad but some of the cities are better than others. In this case the areas that do not have a major airport are not that well defined. When I say major airport I mean a airport with a control tower not necessarily KMCO which is ORLANDO airport Or KTPA for TAMPA.
But the scenery is better than the default scenery for sure and it is not FREE
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Awaken » Thu May 12, 2016 4:26 pm

I really like FScene4X, it's a great overall ground texture upgrade. It works really well for us Florida flyers, Fall and Winter no longer look like a desert :D . It covers both North and South America for FS2004 and FSX. I know its not photoscenery(not a big fan) but is a nice add-on for the money. Welcome to SimV Capt Midnight :clap:
AMD R5 1600 AF on ASROCK B450, Teamgroup 16GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1650 Super , 500 GB SSD and 3TB HDD, EVGA 500W PS, ASUS 27in. MX27A 2k monitor, Windows 10
Awaken
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Captain Midnight » Thu May 12, 2016 8:26 pm

I've owned most of the MegaScenery stuff. Still have a few MegaCity sceneries on my sim .... but the regional stuff was pretty "blurred" with low-res satellite pics over much of the area.
I'm using GEPro as my "base" ground textures and I really like them. I was just looking for a little "change" to see if I liked them. I used to have most of them, but on an old, old Pentium computer ..... not this upgraded "old" computer, but FS2004 still rocks on it!
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri May 13, 2016 7:37 am

I still use FS2004 more than I use FSX I just have so much more on FS2004
The problem you run into with FS2004 is the limitation that can be displayed Just one of the reason FSX came out the graphics engine in FSX is better. But if you have fs2004 on a descent system than you can turn up all the sliders and still get good frame rates. Most people tweak the FS9 CFG file to limit the display I turn mine up as far as I can. The biggest problem is the default autogen textures that FS9 uses It is hard to get rid of all of them so I keep them turned down. I do not know of a program that will replace all of them. If someone does please let me know.
Megascenery is only for a given area and I am not convinced that even if you put the entire US on your system that it would replace all of the autogen textures. And beside photorealistic scenery is only good at certain flight levels so why bother. One of the reason I only have two megascenery files Florida and Northern California <<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight