EZ Scenery

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

EZ Scenery

Postby Federoff » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:09 pm

I have a question about the EZ scenery program. There are scenery files that are restricted to certain areas only, is there any way to free these files up to be used wherever I choose. any help will be greatly appreciated.
Federoff
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: EZ Scenery

Postby garymbuska » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:09 am

Federoff wrote:I have a question about the EZ scenery program. There are scenery files that are restricted to certain areas only, is there any way to free these files up to be used wherever I choose. any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am not familiar with the EZ scenery program but I can tell you that when any one makes scenery one of the things you have to do is to define where that scenery is to be placed and that is done by using latitude and longitude. Now I think you would agree that scenery of mountains for example would look stupid over a OCEAN. Every BGL file will have the Latitude and Longitude of where to put the scenery.
So in order to move any scenery you would have to have a means of editing the BGL file and the EZ scenery program may have that locked which means that you can not change it.
I think that there are programs out there that will allow you to edit bgl files. But PLEASE what ever you do BACKUP you files before you do anything. Otherwise you might wind up with a MOUNTAIN in the middle of a runway. And than will be asking here as to how to get rid of it.
Making scenery is no easy task, It is not as easy as it appears . It kind of like painting a picture not everyone can do and make the picture look good scenery design is the same way. One just can not go and place scenery anywhere one wants to it has to blend in with the surrounding areas. When FS9 was first released there were a lot of mistakes in the scenery you could find huge holes in the ground that seemed bottomless. This was the result of misplaced or not defined correctly scenery. This was one of the reason for the update to FS9 it removed or cleaned up those areas 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: EZ Scenery

Postby tgibson » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi,

Those library files are called "geo locked". They have placement information in the same file as the library object, which locks them into a specific location.

You would need to decompile that library BGL file, and recompile it without any placement information. Note any default placements will be lost if you overwrite the original BGL file. If you don't do that, you would probably need to change the GUID of each object before compiling, then use the new GUIDs to place them elsewhere in the world.
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight