Active Sky for FS9

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Re: Active Sky for FS9

Postby stephan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:49 pm

Yep...you're right about the drives dying. I have taken many apart for the neodymium magnets when they crap out. Great magnets ! I have something like 11 or so flash drives that I have used to back up my most important files but,I need quite a few more to finish the job,and other necessities in life require my financial attention.What WOULD be great,is for me to get this other computer I am slowly putting together on the net to fly.But it will be powerful enough to run FSX,so that sticks me right back to stage one.THAT set of sim files will need backing up as well prior to my running the net.So...to set things up for a fool proof run without any danger of losing all the programs and downloads,I would need 2 identical systems for FS9 and 2 for FSX.Or...dump my FS9 and use that system as storage for the FSX stuff and the second computer to fly net FSX. Hmmm.So much trouble for a game. Nah...think I'll continue as is,one for FS9,with a shoebox of flash drives,and the second system for FSX and a second shoebox of drives for it's back ups. All in due time...unless old age says it's time to go.
I really cant see net flying that fascinating to risk it. What one doesnt know,they cant yearn for.
stephan

Previous

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight