Weather radar

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Re: Weather radar

Postby tbus » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:01 pm

Wish I could help, but my programming experience ended with Fortran IV.
tbus
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Skywatcher » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Well, in simple terms, just because it does something doesn't mean you can access the data that performs the particular task it does. An external program can also not be made to access this data and re-use or manipulate it in some other way. You might know who you want to visit, you know they exist, but until you have their address you won't know where to go and you just won't be able to say "Hi!"

What I use for understanding weather conditions and for flight logging is Flight Keeper. Couldn't live without it! It comes with it's ACARS device which reads and displays all the weather info you need. ACARS can be used in any aircraft so you can get all the weather info no matter what aircraft you are flying from within the FS cockpit. Does a bunch of other things too and I think it's brilliant! Flight Keeper link is below:

http://www.flightkeeper.net/
Skywatcher
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:21 am

Skywatcher wrote:Well, in simple terms, just because it does something doesn't mean you can access the data that performs the particular task it does. An external program can also not be made to access this data and re-use or manipulate it in some other way. You might know who you want to visit, you know they exist, but until you have their address you won't know where to go and you just won't be able to say "Hi!"

What I use for understanding weather conditions and for flight logging is Flight Keeper. Couldn't live without it! It comes with it's ACARS device which reads and displays all the weather info you need. ACARS can be used in any aircraft so you can get all the weather info no matter what aircraft you are flying from within the FS cockpit. Does a bunch of other things too and I think it's brilliant! Flight Keeper link is below:

http://www.flightkeeper.net/

ACARS now there is a word I have not heard since I left working for Delta Air Lines as a Load Planner. But you are absolutely correct here. I was not aware that there was any aircraft with working ACARS in it I will have to check ou the link you sent.
While working for Delta they used ACARS as a personal message center to relay information from ATLANTA to a Aircraft that usually had something to do with the flight plan or some other important message.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Skywatcher » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:17 pm

Gary,

Let me know if you decide to buy it. Flight Keeper ACARS allows you to pull airport information and weather information for origin or destination airports or even search any other airport you like. Does a great deal more but this alone is great for flight planning, getting a good idea of expected runway in use at your destination etc. Nothing else like it for FS that I have found.
Skywatcher
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:17 am

Skywatcher wrote:Gary,

Let me know if you decide to buy it. Flight Keeper ACARS allows you to pull airport information and weather information for origin or destination airports or even search any other airport you like. Does a great deal more but this alone is great for flight planning, getting a good idea of expected runway in use at your destination etc. Nothing else like it for FS that I have found.

If I do it will be later on in the year or perhaps as a fathers day gift. <<r
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Skywatcher » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:28 am

garymbuska wrote:
Skywatcher wrote:Gary,

If I do it will be later on in the year or perhaps as a fathers day gift. <<r

No worries, be interested to know what you think if you do pick it up. I think it's one of the best and least mentioned FS9 addons.
Skywatcher
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:17 am

I found that link, for a MD-11 freeware panel which includes some weather radar gauge. Perhaps worth a look, to check if it can be reused/integrated into other panels ?
http://www.acsoft.ch/flight_simulator/a ... panel.html
(text includes french AND english paragraphs on the same page)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:15 am

Daube wrote:I found that link, for a MD-11 freeware panel which includes some weather radar gauge. Perhaps worth a look, to check if it can be reused/integrated into other panels ?
http://www.acsoft.ch/flight_simulator/a ... panel.html
(text includes french AND english paragraphs on the same page)

I looked at this link and this panel was designed strictly for the MD11. Now there is a good chance that you can use just the gauge for the weather radar providing you can find the actual gauge.
This might be in a cab file. After reading the readme file for the panel you may still have a problem as it might need FSUIPC in order for it to work and even than it it more than likely a simulated version just like all the others.
I know that you can put any gauge into any aircraft if you know how or use a program like FSPANELSTUDIO But there is no guarantee that it will work correctly.
The panel describe in this link registers itself with FSUIPC automatically but if you take a gauge out of it and use it in another plane it might not work correctly.
But it is worth a look to see if it will.
<<v
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Previous

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight