REX...well worth it.

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

REX...well worth it.

Postby stephan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:02 pm

For several years,I have been putting off adding REX to my FS9 . Was kinda worried that it would beat up my frame rates since my PC isnt exactly a speedster. Then,after being so bored I couldnt see straight,I decided to get REX and give it a risk.
I am COMPLETELY impressed with it. Great scenery and clouds can be had with that program,and if anything,my frame rates seem to be a little better than usual.
You are given the option of using 1200x1200 pix bmps or 520x520 bmps ( now I most likely have those numbers wrong,but not by much). I chose the smaller,and applied them. Really impressed. Thrilled. And satisfied completely !
Well worth the cash.
stephan

Re: REX...well worth it.

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:18 pm

Welcome to the world of clouds! :clap: :clap: :clap:

About the only time that I don't use clouds is the first time that I try new scenery.

Other than that I love lots of clouds. It make the sim seem much more realistic.

As to your sim being faster, it probably is. Probably all of the clouds designed nowadays are better designed than the old ones.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: REX...well worth it.

Postby stephan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:47 am

Same here...I too am a fan of plenty of clouds. A couple years ago in the forum,I spoke to Paul and a couple others about how to get the best clouds with the settings in FS9. But,without good BMPs,that was almost a waste of time hoping. But with REX,...oh yeah. And what else makes it look so good is they give you options for the background of the cloudy sky,and the realism that adds to the clouds is noteworthy as well. Yep...wish I would have given REX a chance many moons ago. Great program !!
stephan

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight