Uncontrollable Taxi Steering_Possible solution.

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Uncontrollable Taxi Steering_Possible solution.

Postby stephan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:55 pm

I have read several instances where other simmers have had the same problem arise that I too have experienced,and on more than one occasion.
The problem of losing the ability to steer the ac on the ground when taxiing,and it didnt matter if it was before take off or after.
There are several possible solutions. These have worked for me in the past.
//
I use the Saitek X52 controller.
The first thing I do is look to see if I accidentally bumped the thumb wheels. If they arent centered,I center them.
If that doesnt solve the problem,...
I unplug the two plugs that are attached to my controllers. They are hooked into my USB ports,but I leave them plugged into the USB and simply unplug them from the controller,THEN,plug them back in.
If that doesnt solve the issue,...I try the last method.
Now,this method,I just learned thru trial and error today.So,I may have the sequence wrong,but at least this narrows it down a bit and you can try your own sequence.
(((( My problem with steering today came from what I believe to be a glitch in the SLEWing...I left the console to roll a cigarette for just 30 seconds,but forgot auto taxi speed was engaged.The ac accelerated and ran off the end of the taxiway. SO,I stopped the AC,tapped the "Y" key for SLEW,and pulled my ac back into position.To settle the ac down to the surface //and to avoid the ''jumping that some ac experience when leaving SLEW mode// I tapped the F1 key,then tapped the "Y" key to leave SLEW mode.As I added throttle,I immediately went into a pull to one side. I tried my other solutions with no effect. This is what made me wonder if the problem was initiated by the SLEW mode.It may be certain ac and slew dont get along...I dont know. )))
I unplugged my controller.Then,with the ac sitting idle,I clicked the "Y" key for slew,then the "F1" key to settle the craft,then replugged my controller cables . The ac straightened right out.
//
I hope this helps those of you who experience this frustrating phenomenon. Not much frustrates me more with simming than to have a beautiful long flight and perfect landing end up botched by a glitch.
I will try to duplicate the problem a little later and retry the solution,and will remember the true sequence of procedure,and get back and correct it here if need be.
//
Simviation admin.// Hey guys,...I simply type this stuff,but I dont really know which category it really falls under,so I leave it to you to move it where it goes.
As Timothy Leary said,..."Happy Trails!" :lol:
stephan

Re: Uncontrollable Taxi Steering_Possible solution.

Postby tbus » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:25 am

Ahhh ..... that was Roy Rogers and Dale Evans!
tbus
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:51 am

YEah...I know...and what were they doing out in the a
hard ground plains of the west around a "certain" cactus plant ? They knew ALL ABOUT happy trails,LOL :lol:
stephan

Postby garymbuska » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:29 am

stephan wrote:YEah...I know...and what were they doing out in the a
hard ground plains of the west around a "certain" cactus plant ? They knew ALL ABOUT happy trails,LOL :lol:

The same thing that the Indians of the time were doing SEEKING HAPPY TRAILS.
:clap: :whistle:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby stephan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:30 am

Got that right Gary, hahahaha. // Think I'll texture me a high flyer and put a name paint scheme to it,.. "Carlos Castaneda" hahaha :confusion-seeingstars:
stephan

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight