Problem with HJG B-727-100 panel

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Problem with HJG B-727-100 panel

Postby Gringo6 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:38 pm

I tried to post this over on the HJG forum but couldn't figure how to do it, so I'm posting
here with hope that someone over here knows the answer and will help me.

I have installed their B-727-100 including the appropriate panel, and everything works
except that the computer supplied data to the "Flight Engineers" drop down panel and
the "Climb, Cruise, Descend" drop down panel is too faint to be legible, and I want to get
it fixed.

My operating system is Win 8.1

It seems like I had this problem a long time ago with Windows ME and the answer at that
time involved installing a font that Windows doesn't normally include. But, I've forgotten
what font is was and where to download it.

I need help.
Gringo6
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Problem with HJG B-727-100 panel

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:26 am

Gringo6 wrote:I tried to post this over on the HJG forum but couldn't figure how to do it, so I'm posting
here with hope that someone over here knows the answer and will help me.

I have installed their B-727-100 including the appropriate panel, and everything works
except that the computer supplied data to the "Flight Engineers" drop down panel and
the "Climb, Cruise, Descend" drop down panel is too faint to be legible, and I want to get
it fixed.

My operating system is Win 8.1

It seems like I had this problem a long time ago with Windows ME and the answer at that
time involved installing a font that Windows doesn't normally include. But, I've forgotten
what font is was and where to download it.

I need help.

Where did you download this plane from? Give us a link so someone can download it and see exactly what you are talking about.
As for Fonts I have never heard of needing a special font for any aircraft. But if there was one needed it was usually part of the down load.
Make sure to read the readme file if it has one if not I would be cautious any person that creates any aircraft that is worth any thing will put a README file if special install or use instructions are needed.
The faintness could be the result of the BITMAP that was used to create the panel and a incorrect font size was used.
You might be able to find another panel to put in this aircraft.
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:42 pm

I've checked this out & I think the problem is that the pop-up windows are too small making the text almost illegible. See this shot.

It should be possible to increase the size of the pop-up as in the shot below by dragging the sides of the window with the mouse.

If this fixes your problem it can be increased permanently by editing Panel.cfg. The example below will give you the size in the above shot.
You can experiment with the entries to get the size that suits your screen. The other offending windows can be modified in the same way.
(Note that the size of the gauge matches the window size.) Make sure to save a backup copy of Panel.cfg before editing it.

[Window12]
// size_mm=289, 178
size_mm=400, 300
BACKGROUND_COLOR=16,16,16
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=520

gauge00=CFRP727!FE_Report, 0, 0, 400, 300

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gringo6 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:08 pm

BINGO Hagar - that's the answer ! !

Thanks a million !
Gringo6
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:16 pm

Excellent! 8-)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight