Problems with take-off and "turn coordinator"

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Problems with take-off and "turn coordinator"

Postby andmaste » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:19 am

Hello everybody.
I've been using FS2004 since 8 years ago, but only in the last 2 weeks I'm facing some real problems. I really hope someone can help me.
Fisrt of all I apologize if the terms/words I use aren't correct, but I'm using FS2004 in italian language... I hope you can understand.

Since yesterday, after installing some new aircrafts and panels (with some gauges and modules), it is really impossible for me to take-off, since every aircraft goes left/right/left/right along the runway (the same in the taxiways).
I have made a lot of tests:
- re-set the joysticks ("Thrust Master T Flight Hotas X" and "Top Gun 2 Pro")
- use different planes/airports/joysticks
- remove joystick using keyboard only
- restore the backup made last week when everything worked fine
- remove assignment commands to joysticks
It is not a problem dued to joysticks, since it is the same even with keyboards commands.
I have launched the antivirus but nothing was found.

When you see the "turn coordinator" you can easily see it goes left/right/left/right without any input by me.

Can someone please help me?

A big thank you in advance

Andrea from Italy
andmaste
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Problems with take-off and "turn coordinator"

Postby Sinkrate » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:13 am

Does it do the same thing if you turn off the coordination, i.e. uncheck the “autorudder” box in the realism settings menu?

Have you checked the “joystick type” drop down list in the “joystick axes” menu to see if it lists any HID’s other than the FS9 controllers that you use? For example, I have a steering wheel connected for Truck Sim etc, and sometimes FS9 / FSX assigns inputs to that without my knowledge.

Have you tried changing the system date of your computer to when it last worked OK? Sounds daft I know, but some computers / programs have been known to throw a wobbly when the year changes.
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:42 am

Sinkrate wrote:Does it do the same thing if you turn off the coordination, i.e. uncheck the “autorudder” box in the realism settings menu?

Have you checked the “joystick type” drop down list in the “joystick axes” menu to see if it lists any HID’s other than the FS9 controllers that you use? For example, I have a steering wheel connected for Truck Sim etc, and sometimes FS9 / FSX assigns inputs to that without my knowledge.

Have you tried changing the system date of your computer to when it last worked OK? Sounds daft I know, but some computers / programs have been known to throw a wobbly when the year changes.

Changing the system date will not solve your problem and will not go back to the last known working time. In order to do that you have to use system restore. But beware you will lose any program from now til the date you go back to. Using system restore does not always help. The one main reason you make a backup copy of FS9 before you make any changes to it.
The best way of making any changes is to make them one at a time than to check to make sure things work correctly afterwards. Failure to do this can result in uninstalling and reinstalling which can be a real pain in the rear especially if you have made a lot of changes,. <<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby andmaste » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:10 pm

SOLVED

Well, after a few days, and many attempts, I've found the solution.
To be honest there is even a 'guilty' one, since I discovered that my son (who is 13 and is the real user of FS2004) had changed some settings (in 'flight model realism settings') without telling me about it.

I re-set the parameters, and the take-offs started to be regular.

To be honest, I was 100% sure that the problem was caused by some panel or by some modules recently installed.

A big thank you to Sinkrate and garymbusk for their help.
Thank you guys

Andrea from Italy
andmaste
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight