PAN RATE question

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

PAN RATE question

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:11 pm

I did all tweaks in http://forums.simviation.com/cgi-bin/ya ... 055375/0#7 and I have a PROBLEMiTA: the recomended PAN RATE = 700 (or 900 also works good) is great, allows for quick changes of vision. BUT, when I am taking screen images (fn+prt sc on my Lap) of FS2004, sometimes I would need a smaller angle change. Lets say I am at Duxford scenery, and I want to just raise my view two or three lines to include aircraft passing behind mine, like this Spitfire passing behind Carnauba:

I just want to raise my view to position the Spit above my Top Wing, but first everything MOVES FORWARD & then goes up TO MUCH even if I back up, the Spitfire gets out of view:

After a 5 minutes exercise in frustration going up&down, I manage more or less (usually lots less :violin: ) my goal:

Even if I go to Views\View Options, an deselect Gradual Transition box, I have the same PROBLEMiTA:

There must be a less frustrating way of playing Basket Ball for centering & acomodating images GRADUALLY, with the mouse wheel perhaps? A tweak in the CFG file? Something to program among the Controls? HELP!! & Happy 2016
<<v
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: PAN RATE question

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:23 pm

And yes, I took off after the Spitfire went away, away... :violin:

Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby mrplanecrazzy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:30 pm

Try messing with the 2 Lines highlighted in Blue.
Lower numbers slow the "pan" higher numbers speed up the pan rate.
I don't recall where the "Camera Config" is located in FS2004 but I think it is in:
CAMERAS.CFG located in the user’s application data folder (%APPDATA%\Microsoft\ESP).
It could be in the root folder as well.
You can also change it in the individual aircraft config file as well.
This might help also: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... FileFormat

Intel(R) Core™ i7-4790K - ASUS Z97-A - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 - 250GB Samsung 840 EVO - 1.5TB Gaming Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000RPM - Corsair 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz - 900 Watts -Apevia Warlock Power Supply LG 49" 4K Monitor 4096x2160
mrplanecrazzy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:29 pm

tbus wrote:Screenshot Forum?
I have not seen this topic over there :think:
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:32 pm

mrplanecrazzy wrote:Try messing with the 2 Lines highlighted in Blue.
Lower numbers slow the "pan" higher numbers speed up the pan rate.
I don't recall where the "Camera Config" is located in FS2004 but I think it is in:
CAMERAS.CFG located in the user’s application data folder (%APPDATA%\Microsoft\ESP).
It could be in the root folder as well.
You can also change it in the individual aircraft config file as well.
This might help also: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... FileFormat
https://www.simviation.com/phpupload/upl ... 464893.jpg

Thank you for this effort, but no CAMERA.cfg present in my FS2004's. Not in hidden folders either. I believe this relates to FSX. So far lowering the PAN RATE to 400 helps a tiny bit for centering & closing in. :think:
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:10 pm

It seems the altitude is the problem. A mixture of PAN RATE=400 (in FS9.cfg file) and going ViEW\ViEW OPTiONS where I can change ALTiTUDE (of my view or SPOT PLANE ViEW) allows one foot increments. I also prefer the GRADUAL TRANSiTiON off, that takes care of moving up that translates as extreme close in when activated and no more ( :doh:ANNOYiNG!!) inertia when moving from left to right (or when changing views).

That way I centered the P-47 between my top wing, the antena & antena wires.

Sometimes, besides flying low & slow, I like sharing my screenshots with friends. I gess what I want is programed in FSX, but I would need a more powerfull PC. So far I managed with FREE PC's that are obsolete for the rest of my family, but since my son has a Mac, he does not change his PC's that often any more :violin: :violin: :violin:
<<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby tbus » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:46 pm

Well, so far you've gotten FSX advice, so thought Screenshot Forum would give you wider audience and they'd fully appreciate your "pitchas". Just say'n
:confusion-helpsos:
tbus
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight