Ford-Project is off to Manchukuo (China)

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Ford-Project is off to Manchukuo (China)

Postby Garry » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi Good People,

Just a heads up for those that might be interested - Edward and I are off on a fun tangent from the India Scenery Project by creating some historical (partly fictional) renditions of several 1930's airfields in Manchukuo.

Edward got hold of a book "The Eagles of Manchukuo 1932-45" a couple of months ago and also sent me a copy. We have focussed on a major aviation company for the region and 1930's era (Manchukuo Aviation Co., Ltd.) and some of the airfields that they were fairly prominent.

Started off by building some TOYADA truck models (which you will see in the slideshow referenced below) and also build quiet a lot of the various unique building shown in the book. So far there is over 100 new Flight Sim models that have been created for this project.

If you want to check out the progress of the project so far (Two airfields completed, one under development (almost complete) and one yet to be done) click on the link below to a slideshow that I have created:

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/Slideshows/Manchukuo_Project_CHINA.html

I am hoping to have the other two airfield completed and ready for release before Christmas to give you some great eye candy to fly through and enjoy over the holiday season :mrgreen:

Anyway, feel free to view the slideshow - and comments are welcome.

Regards

Garry and Edward
Your Ford Project Team.
Garry
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Ford-Project is off to Manchukuo (China)

Postby papituwall » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:36 pm

Many thanks for your work!
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby FlexibleFlier » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:32 am

I'd like to recommend to very interesting books about flying in China in the '30s:

• China's Wings, by Gregory Crouch. Beautifully researched and quite thrilling; mostly about Ernie Allison who helped launch C.N.A.C.

• Yankee on the Yangtze, but Nancy Allison Wright. Ernie Allison's daughter writes a nice biography.

Extraordinary people did extraordinary things during the Golden Age of Aviation.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Garry » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi Good People,

I have finished off the other two airfields - total of 4 now in the Ford-Manchukuo Scenery Project.

All four airfields are at Beta Test level now:

ZYCC - Dafangshen airport at Changchun city
ZYHB - Yanjiang airport at Harbin city
ZYTL - Zhoushuizi airport at Dalian city
ZYTX - Taoxian airport at Shenyang city

Unfortunately Edward's computer has had a FS2004 dummy spit - most likely will have to do a FS2004 rebuild - :cry:

Therefore - if there is anyone out there that would like to BETA Test the scenery pack (36mb download) then please contact me by sending a Personal Message and I will give you a link to the download.

Regards

Garry and Edward
Your Ford Project Team.
Garry
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:08 pm

FlexibleFlier wrote:I'd like to recommend to very interesting books about flying in China in the '30s:
• China's Wings, by Gregory Crouch. Beautifully researched and quite thrilling; mostly about Ernie Allison who helped launch C.N.A.C.
• Yankee on the Yangtze, but Nancy Allison Wright. Ernie Allison's daughter writes a nice biography.

Extraordinary people did extraordinary things during the Golden Age of Aviation.

Not only that, there was FREEDOM to walk around aerodromes & airports when such extraordinary events happened. In the 50's, Mexico City's International was OUTSiDE the city, I could climb a rock called EL PEÑÓN and view all take offs & landings from the watter reservoir. I could walk around the small aircraft section to view Cessnas, Pipers, Beechcrafts, even a derelict Air Coupé. On the other side of the fence there were british Vampires of the Fuerza Aérea Mexicana, painted like Tiger Sharks of WW II. I used to go a lot to view aircraft details, since I was begining my experience with Balsa Wood, paper covering & .35 inch motors with Glow Plugs, for Scale Control Line profiles, to start Flying Balsa Wlood splinters all over the grass :o No instructors available, one build and flew to doom until finally flying & LANDiNG the art work in one piece. Lots of cut fingers, fliping the propeller sometimes backfired!! Also, a dozen or so broken props on a good flight day :shock:

I miss those days of FREEDOM, so previous & away to this pre WW-III moment :pray:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight