ILS off course

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

ILS off course

Postby stephan » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:43 pm

Howdy folks.
Yet again it is time to ask of you if you have an answer to this problem.
While running a flight from LERT to LGPZ, I found that the only runway at LGPZ that has an ILS has it misaligned from the runway.
Runway 7L has an ILS,but the transmitter is located roughly 200+ ( at least) meters to the right of the runway. The heading is correct,but if you're flying to the runway by IFR in a bad rain or fog,by the time you see the runway lights,you're too close to make adjustments and must do a go around and try again.
I use the Airport Design Editor 9 and it is a great program. But,just like AFCAD, once you change anything in the stock airport file,for it to take effect,you have to save it separately as it's own file and the stock file remains unchanged. This,under certain situations,causes problems with some nav add ons.
Is there a way to modify the stock airport frequencies and transmitters and such,then save the changes back into the stock airport (stock bgl file) ?
This isnt that big of a deal. But it would be a big help if there was a way to do this. Then,I could rid myself of a lot of corrections I have made to the airports by way of storing a bunch of AFCAD and ADE files and retain them in the stock files and get rid of the AFCAD and ADE files.
Thanks for any answers.
stephan

Re: ILS off course

Postby investdude » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:06 am

Hi Stephan,

If you look at LGPZ with a program like AFCAD or Airport Design Editor you'll see that the ILS for 07L has been erroneously set to the right of runway 07R. You need to manually move the ILS over and align it with 07L. If you want to PM me your e-mail address I will send you an AFCAD file that will correct it for you. Investdude
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby EVVFCX » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:38 am

Hi,

Please be aware that in many cases there is a reason for the localiser to not be at the runway, there maybe a terrain or building hazard on the approach, in those cases it's just a means of getting you to a position where at minimums you have visual of the runway and has you say you have to go around on a missed approach.

There are also errors where the frequency given in the navdata is different to that given within fsx, Venice italy is a good example where the frquency in the airac differs to that in fsx and the one in fsx does guide you directly to the runway.

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby tbus » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:56 am

EVVFCX wrote:Hi,

There are also errors where the frequency given in the navdata is different to that given within fsx, Venice italy is a good example where the frquency in the airac differs to that in fsx and the one in fsx does guide you directly to the runway.

regards

Steve

What's FSX? :evil: Why is it here? Is it a who?
tbus
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:20 am

I use a program called AIRNAV it is a FAA approved site that will lists any airport in the United states and show you the latest map of the runway and all of its features.
That is how I found out that KJAX runways had changed due to magnetic variation. The runways were 7/25 and 13/31 but are now 18/36 and 14/32
This same sight can also be used to find Navaids aas well. There are sites that have other countries as well But I have never used them..
Oh and by the way AFCAD works only in FS9 You have to use a different program for FSX and you will need the SDK which is only on FSX GOLD disks as you have to have the BGL compiler that is part of the SDK = SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KIT
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby EVVFCX » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:40 am

Lol, sorry, forgot where i was, but did look at the approach charts and found no ils listed, only vor dme/ndb approaches.
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby tbus » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:54 am

garymbuska wrote:Oh and by the way AFCAD works only in FS9 You have to use a different program for FSX and you will need the SDK which is only on FSX GOLD disks as you have to have the BGL compiler that is part of the SDK = SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KIT
<<u

There's that FSX :evil: thing again? What's going on? is it a contagious plague? :o Is not FS2004 info good enough anymore? ???

There are :character-jaws: amongst the faithful!
tbus
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Hahaha...Hey Tbus!///The FSX thing isnt the only thing going on in the thread. There's also the thing where I mentioned that AFCAD and ADE9 can correct this problem BUT...one has to save the correction as a separate file in the Add On Scenery folder of FS9.The stock airport in the stock bgl in the main FS9 Scenery folder doesnt get modified. And that is exactly what my original question was...how can I change the data in the stock bgl,and resave it IN that stock bgl,rather than have the modification stuffed as a separate file in the Add on Scenery. I DO appreciate the replies,but I cant help but get a kick out of how quickly the subject gets turned and twisted,and before you know it,you have 3 pages of comments and at the end,none of the comments have a thing to do with your original post, hehehe. Still,my question remains,...how can I change the data in the original bgls. AFCAD and ADE9 do not do this. They simply append the modified data in a separate file,over riding the original...and I dont want all the extra files...PLUS,as I stated earlier...AFCAD and ADE9 create problems for some add on downloads for FS9 (FS9 .. same as FS 2004 y'all ;) )
stephan

Postby tbus » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:55 am

Well Stephan,

As you can see .... the expertise level in this FS2004 forum is practically nil. I claim to have enjoyed the sim for MANY years but have not delved into the "inner workings" as I just want to have fun.

However, other sites have those who relish in the fact they have tweaked the sim to death and can solve difficult problems .... well, most of them anyway. I would therefore recommend the "other" big sim sights to post your problems .... especially for FS2004 .... re FS9. It is what it is, I'm afraid.
tbus
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight