fs2004-Spruce goose

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

fs2004-Spruce goose

Postby doncpcu » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:15 am

How do you get this plane off the ground with no landing gear. It just sets on the runway. Believe there is a way to put it in the like a sailplane but cant figure it out.?
doncpcu
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: fs2004-Spruce goose

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:21 am

The easiest way is to start your flight from a water runway. I seem to recall there is a list of water runways in FS2004 Help.

I found an article on the subject. Note it's for FSX but it will work for FS9. http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/freeflight/Pages/WaterWaterEverywhere.aspx

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby BLAZE » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Hagar, :greetings-wavingyellow:

Long time no talk to. I was reading that microsoft page and it made me think of something to ask you if you don't mind.
I saved a flight in FS9 a long time ago and that flight comes up perfectly fine 'cold cockpit and all' but when ever I try to
save a new flight, It won't work. So I'm stuck with this old saved flight forever.

Do you know of any way I could fix this?

Thanks Colonel :handgestures-salute:
BLAZE
Captain
Captain

Postby mustangaroo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:05 am

You might hit the slew button (Y) and then f3 to get it in the air....throttle up and hit the Y again... then look for a sizable body of water to take off from and save that (;) lotsa luck getting this big boy off the water! :D
mustangaroo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Capt_Cronic » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:15 pm

you can also use the map. press alt, goto menu bar on top of screen, click world, then map
on the left side of the map window, increase current altitude and speed then close map and now your flying.
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:53 pm

BLAZE wrote:Hi Hagar, :greetings-wavingyellow:

Long time no talk to. I was reading that microsoft page and it made me think of something to ask you if you don't mind.
I saved a flight in FS9 a long time ago and that flight comes up perfectly fine 'cold cockpit and all' but when ever I try to
save a new flight, It won't work. So I'm stuck with this old saved flight forever.

Do you know of any way I could fix this?

Thanks Colonel :handgestures-salute:

Hi Blaze. It's good to see some old faces are still around. :)

It's been a while since I used FS9 so I'll have to check this out. If find a solution I'll get back to you. Meanwhile, if anyone else can help please don't be shy.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby doncpcu » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:25 pm

Thanks-the y key-f3-y worked. Thanks Doncpcu!!
doncpcu
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby BLAZE » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:14 am

Hagar wrote:Hi Blaze. It's good to see some old faces are still around. :)

It's been a while since I used FS9 so I'll have to check this out. If find a solution I'll get back to you. Meanwhile, if anyone else can help please don't be shy.

Ok, Good deal. Thank you!
BLAZE
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:26 am

Blaze. One suggestion I saw on another forum. Delete the "Flight Simulator Files" folder from Documents. I would move the folder to another location rather than deleting it.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:35 am

You should be able to make any saved flight your default flight.
All you have to do is after clicking save make sure to click the box that states make default flight and give it a name I just did this the other day I saved a flight in mid flight and made it my start up flight and had no problems. Even though I had a default flight saved it just replaced it.
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:38 am

I just downloaded the FSX version of the Spruce Goose and was having trouble finding a suitable waterway to set it in. I downloaded the pdf file for water takeoff locations and it is just what the doctor ordered. However I have flown the SG and when I tried to land it on water (very gently) I got a splash screen as if it were a land plane trying to ditch and it froze the program.
Modlerbob
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby mustangaroo » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:00 pm

I also noticed the crash when landing on water. I do hear a landing gear whine when I hit the g key but there is no indicator for landing gear with this so...... I tried landing the thing on a runway with predictable results. Why is it this way? Me not know kemo-sabe. :whistle: :whistle:
mustangaroo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BLAZE » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:08 am

Hagar wrote:Blaze. One suggestion I saw on another forum. Delete the "Flight Simulator Files" folder from Documents. I would move the folder to another location rather than deleting it.

Dang it! I apologize for not commenting or updating sooner Hagar. Every time I go to the third floor and crank up FS9
I forget to try what you told me.

I wanted to wait till I try that out before I wrote back. but apparently, it's going to be a while! :shifty:

Here is my FS9 adventures lately... I boot up the computer, wait a minute or two, load FS9, wait about five or ten minutes,
create a flight, crank up the plane, taxi, take off. Then I shut down FS9 and proceed to the paint shop. Sometimes for hours!

I guess I'm addicted to the paint fumes or something! :shock:

Thanks Again Colonel :handgestures-salute:

And thank you Gary!

I have to do like my best friend says. Well.. first he calls me a JACKASS and then he says "You have to start applying yourself" :doh:
BLAZE
Captain
Captain

Postby butterfly8 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi Hagar: Butterfly 8 with you. I have the Flight Simulator X 2004 but I have never herd of Spruce goose. Could you tell me more about it. Thanks for the help. Butterfly 8
butterfly8
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:11 am

Hi there,

Have a look here..
http://simviation.com//fs2004vintage21.htm
About half way down the page..
Hughes "Spruce Goose" Flying Boat is legendary. This GMax version includes a gauge package, sound package, a VC and appropriate files to recreate her famous flight. Full GMax animations are also incorporated. By Dennis Simanaitis. 4.7MB

Also here, with a few repaints.
http://www.incantisuweb.com/?p=5153
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Next

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight