Help

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Re: Help

Postby Hagar » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:58 am

The 727 I checked out should be easy enough to install. A simple case of extracting the zip file & pasting the correct folder into your FS2004\Aircraft folder. If in doubt use the default aircraft as examples of the folder & file structure.

Jakehelton wrote:Yes the 737-800 & the 737-700 were both posky files. And neither seem to work properly on autopilot, and neither have vc view. And the southwest boeing 738's default panel is half gone

Jake. You must try to be more specific. Where did you download these files? File names or links to the pages they're posted on would be a big help. The only Posky Southwest 738 I can find here at Simviation is for FSX & will not work properly in FS2004. Most Posky aircraft for FS2004 will not have a VC.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:48 am

Here is one trick I use.
I have a program called FSPANEL STUDIO it is the best program out there for editing and creating panels.
The best part of this program is you see the panel the same way you would if you were in FSX or FS9.
I down load the aircraft I am interested in put it in a folder outside of FSX make sure all of the gauges it uses or in the same folder as the aircraft is in than I use fspanel studio to check out all of the windows and panels it uses. It will let me know real quick if there are missing gauges or missing bit maps or a window numbering problem.

<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:47 am

garymbuska wrote:Here is one trick I use.
I have a program called FSPANEL STUDIO it is the best program out there for editing and creating panels.
The best part of this program is you see the panel the same way you would if you were in FSX or FS9.
I down load the aircraft I am interested in put it in a folder outside of FSX make sure all of the gauges it uses or in the same folder as the aircraft is in than I use fspanel studio to check out all of the windows and panels it uses. It will let me know real quick if there are missing gauges or missing bit maps or a window numbering problem.

<<v

With respect I think using something like Panel Studio would just confuse Jake even more. He's having enough problems installing 3rd party aircraft as it is without spending good money on software that he might never use.* Once he understands the basic principles there will be no stopping him.

The 727 that I checked out is aliased to a default aircraft so there are no gauges to worry about. Of course, that's providing the panel of the default aircraft it's aliased to is working properly. FS Panel Studio cannot read aliased Panel.cfg files.

*Note: There's nothing wrong with FS Panel Studio but I would not recommend it for beginners to the hobby. There's a free trial version that is ideal for checking panels. http://www.fspanelstudio.com/demoversion.htm

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Its also worth mentioning that "FS Panel Studio" is really only suitable for 2D panels!
Be aware; it will not work with Virtual (3D) Panels, (they are part of the model design).

I mostly use 2D panels, so it works fine for me.... :D ...!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ViperPilot » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Jake,

I would like to try and help you with your POSKY issues, since I have recently "assembled" a few POSKY models to give them a try. My Installs have been "Wonder Bread"... just the specific Aircraft, with no Panel mods or extra Repaints.

I need you to go into your Main FS 2004 Aircraft Folder, find the specific 737-800 Folder you have, and give me the FILE NAME, just as you have it installed in your Main Aircraft Folder. I also need to know which site you downloaded it from.

I will download the airplane and see if there are any issues. I can tell you from personal experience flying the POSKY C-17 Globemaster, that there is no VC Panel or wing views; the Panel uses the Default 747-400 Panel which shows up complete, and the AP seems to function with no deviation. I made an almost three hour flight from Guam to Tacloban, the Phillipines using the AP most of the way, and the airplane flew fine.

Like we have said before; the more information you can provide, the easier it will be to solve the issues you're having.

:character-hobbes:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby CrashII » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Just to get a few things straight.

You use FS2004
On a Mac. As in Apple Mac?
You do know that FS9 doesn't run on a Mac? Unless you have a dual boot with Windows?
You want a VC in an old Posky 737-700 in FS2004? Impossible. Won't even work in FSX. First of all Posky only had a 757 and 777 with VC, never a 737 or 727. Second Posky models are too old (FS9 models) to merge a VC with it in FSX. Something that's not possible in FS9.
The fact that you only see half the panel is probably due to screen resolution or because Mac.
CrashII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ViperPilot » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:51 pm

CrashII wrote:Just to get a few things straight.

You use FS2004
On a Mac. As in Apple Mac?
You do know that FS9 doesn't run on a Mac? Unless you have a dual boot with Windows?
You want a VC in an old Posky 737-700 in FS2004? Impossible. Won't even work in FSX. First of all Posky only had a 757 and 777 with VC, never a 737 or 727. Second Posky models are too old (FS9 models) to merge a VC with it in FSX. Something that's not possible in FS9.
The fact that you only see half the panel is probably due to screen resolution or because Mac.

Actually, after browsing the POSKY Archive, there is a 738 listed in the Base Packages section:

http://poskyarchive.com/boeing/b737-800 ... -packages/

However, there isn't a SWA livery for the 738 listed in the Archive... but, I'm gonna keep looking at the other sites; maybe Jake grabbed one from there and just thought he got it from SimV. If not, I'll D/L from the Archive and fire it up.

I'm wondering if it's the TDS version Jake installed; it's not the easiest offering to get working in the Sim... somewhat similar to their 787 Dreamliner.

:character-hobbes:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:46 am

Hagar wrote:
garymbuska wrote:Here is one trick I use.

<<v

With respect I think using something like Panel Studio would just confuse Jake even more. He's having enough problems installing 3rd party aircraft as it is without spending good money on software that he might never use.* Once he understands the basic principles there will be no stopping him.

The 727 that I checked out is aliased to a default aircraft so there are no gauges to worry about. Of course, that's providing the panel of the default aircraft it's aliased to is working properly. FS Panel Studio cannot read aliased Panel.cfg files.

*Note: There's nothing wrong with FS Panel Studio but I would not recommend it for beginners to the hobby. There's a free trial version that is ideal for checking panels. http://www.fspanelstudio.com/demoversion.htm

My bad I thought it might help but I can see your point :oops:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby stephan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Hey guys. Dont know what happened,but I was looking to see some info for the FSPanel Studio,and found one that was given freely.This version wasn't a demo.All features worked,including the included gauge editor. For the last 5 years or so,I have been using CfgEdit and was rather satisfied.And for me,the FSPanel Studio seems like a carbon copy except for the plus of the gauge editor. If needed,or asked for,I will see if I can find the link for the free version. I am almost positive it wasn't a torrent. I dont appreciate the underhandedness of torrents thievery.
stephan

Postby bombardier » Sat May 28, 2016 6:11 pm

hello to everyone:

I had to the same problem about installments in fsx in the beginning . I basically read alot of posts on installments of planes. and then I kind of taught my self on them. each once a while I may ask for help. I had the same problem with posky at first but after learning its format its not too bad. it does take time to figure the installments out its not gong to be an one or 2 day process more like weeks at time.. but after that its easy. patients is a must for dealing with planes folders. make a back up just in case you mess up your original. you can go back and reinstall the back up if you do. I'm still learing, right now I need to ask how to make a thumbnail which the reason I came here.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Captain Midnight » Sat May 28, 2016 8:19 pm

bombardier wrote:hello to everyone:

I had to the same problem about installments in fsx in the beginning . I basically read alot of posts on installments of planes. and then I kind of taught my self on them. each once a while I may ask for help. I had the same problem with posky at first but after learning its format its not too bad. it does take time to figure the installments out its not gong to be an one or 2 day process more like weeks at time.. but after that its easy. patients is a must for dealing with planes folders. make a back up just in case you mess up your original. you can go back and reinstall the back up if you do. I'm still learing, right now I need to ask how to make a thumbnail which the reason I came here.

bombardier

Earth to Bombardier ....... First, it's 2016 and the last previous post was 2 1/2 years ago
Second ..... it the FS2004 Forum, not the fsx forum.

On the other hand .... congratulations might be in order. You might be the first confirmed case verifying the principle of time travel (Other than that Dr. Who guy).

Man, I've noticed this forum to be pretty slow ..... but not THIS slow.
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Sun May 29, 2016 9:22 am

first of all I do not care if its an 1800's post, if there is any information I can learn from it I'm going to read it and post I what I think or ask. how else I'm I going to learn apparently not from you. and also I was giving him some support show him that he is not alone in this. I do not care if its fsx, 2004, or any flight combat sims. it is the principle of the post that he made. yes I did bring up this old thread and yes I did post a response big deal. take a chill pill and relax. I did not see any rules that states do not post a response to any thread in "x" many of years ago.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Sun May 29, 2016 4:56 pm

ViperPilot wrote:...We'll get your issues solved, hopefully... just give us as much 411 as possible.
Good Hunting! :character-hobbes:

Sorry for intruding here, but what's the meaning of give us as much 411?? :shifty: :think:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Mon May 30, 2016 3:52 am

Jean Loup wrote:
ViperPilot wrote:...We'll get your issues solved, hopefully... just give us as much 411 as possible.
Good Hunting! :character-hobbes:

Sorry for intruding here, but what's the meaning of give us as much 411?? :shifty: :think:

http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/411
the 411 [singular] (North American English, informal) the true facts about a situation or the information you need

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Captain Midnight » Mon May 30, 2016 7:58 am

bombardier wrote:first of all I do not care if its an 1800's post,r

Time travelers wouldn't .......

P.S.
There are no thumbnails in FS2004 ...... another principle as you would say.

Chill'n out with not a problem in sight!
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight