Help

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Re: Help

Postby Jean Loup » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:36 pm

Hagar wrote:http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/411
the 411 [singular] (North American English, informal) the true facts about a situation or the information you need

GRACiAS don Hagar :clap: :clap: :clap:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Flacke » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:41 pm

garymbuska wrote:I hate it when a plane does not come with its own panel. I personally would either try to find a suitable panel for it and If I could not it goes to the airplane graveyard.

<<v

I could not possibly agree more! I just hate it when I download and install an exciting aircraft model and then find out the panel is not even related to the subject airplane.
For example, a nice Piper Apache aircraft from 1956 and it comes with a panel from the Default Beech Baron.
Like you said, I try to find a reasonably correct panel for it or it gets dumped to the recycle bin because I know I won't fly it. There, I feel better now.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ViperPilot » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:23 pm

To be honest, I'm more concerned with how a particular airplane flies (and looks), as opposed to whether or not it's got a suitable Panel... either I'll find one that's close, or modify it to personal taste. However, I'm scared of adding a 2D view to a Carenado airplane, in fear of messing up the VC!

There are times where I use a generic Panel for multiple airplanes, like the P-51 and some of the Business Jets. I found a couple that are nicely laid out and work very well.

Alan :ugeek: :D
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:35 am

Bottom line here is everyone has there own likes and dislikes. Myself I prefer realistic aircraft the more the better which is why I have a couple of payware aircraft. With Payware the aircraft is about as close to the real thing as you can get with a flight simulator.
The problem with freeware is that some people are better designers than others and boy does it show up like a sore thumb.
I am willing to try any download but it has to meet my needs or forget it. The major problem areas are the VC the weight and balance and fuel of the aircraft than there are the textures.
Any one of these areas can make or break an aircraft. I do not mind doing some tweaking and have got pretty good at it but I do have my limits.
The weight and balance and contact points are usually the first place I check out There is nothing much worse than down loading an aircraft go to fly it and find that it is either floating off the ground or buried up to the axle in the ground because of bad contact points. The other problem is fuel there is usually way to much fuel in an aircraft especially in the wings.
In just about all aircraft the main tank if it has one will have the most fuel capability.
Believe me I used to fuel aircraft at KJAX and it was only rarely that we ever put fuel in the center tank. Only on long flights will you ever see fuel go into a center tank and than this fuel is transferred to the wings while in flight by the pilot.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Previous

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight