New NIVIDIA Video Card

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

New NIVIDIA Video Card

Postby investdude » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:26 pm

Recently my ATI video card failed and I replaced it with a NIVIDIA GeForce GT 620.

Now some of the textures look different. For instance the doors of the default Cessna 172 stand out, that is, they look brighter than the rest of the fuselage. This is true for some other aircraft too, some parts look different than they used to. I presume this could be fixed by making some adjustments in the NIVIDIA Control Panel but I have no idea how to do this and I don't want to make things worse. Can anyone give me some advice on how to go about this? I know there's still lots of expertise out there. Any help will be much appreciated.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New NIVIDIA Video Card

Postby ConcordeError404 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:23 pm

investdude wrote:Recently my ATI video card failed and I replaced it with a NIVIDIA GeForce GT 620.

Now some of the textures look different. For instance the doors of the default Cessna 172 stand out, that is, they look brighter than the rest of the fuselage. This is true for some other aircraft too, some parts look different than they used to. I presume this could be fixed by making some adjustments in the NIVIDIA Control Panel but I have no idea how to do this and I don't want to make things worse. Can anyone give me some advice on how to go about this? I know there's still lots of expertise out there. Any help will be much appreciated.

though im aware of this being an fs2004 forum, there were sevral bugs similar to nvidia cards in the early days of fsx.
try updating drivers or even the directx (take it to directx 11, the most possible for a GT 620, though i guess even directx 12 works, im not sure) version, as for the nvidia control panel, it may be useless considering colours problems are usually related to the integrated graphics (or the display adapter responsible for the main display). You may want to wait for some more replies on this topic
If you are unable to fly an aircraft, become the aircraft
-the guy who came with concept of a wing suit, perhaps
ConcordeError404
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby investdude » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:49 pm

Looks like DirectX 9 is all I can use. My OS is Xp. Drivers are the latest for the GT 620.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ConcordeError404 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:50 am

investdude wrote:Looks like DirectX 9 is all I can use. My OS is Xp. Drivers are the latest for the GT 620.

this is weird, i used to have a gt 720m (not much difference from a gt 620) and it supported directx 12
ill let you know soon what i can do about it
ConcordeError404
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ConcordeError404 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:51 am

investdude wrote:Looks like DirectX 9 is all I can use. My OS is Xp. Drivers are the latest for the GT 620.

it does support directx 12. so its best you download it. but im not sure, as the os is win xp
ConcordeError404
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ConcordeError404 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:53 am

ConcordeError404
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby investdude » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:07 pm

As far as I can determine, DirectX 9 is the highest DirectX version I can use with Windows Xp. I did download nHancer 32 bit which looked like it would allow fairly easy adjusting of the Nvidea video card but it will not run. It looks like in order to work it has to communicate with nHancer.com which is no longer working.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ConcordeError404 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:22 am

investdude wrote:As far as I can determine, DirectX 9 is the highest DirectX version I can use with Windows Xp. I did download nHancer 32 bit which looked like it would allow fairly easy adjusting of the Nvidea video card but it will not run. It looks like in order to work it has to communicate with nHancer.com which is no longer working.

well, i've checked up all specs, directx 12 works with both xp and since it is a fermi architecture gpu, the gt 620 is also compatible with dx12
ConcordeError404
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ConcordeError404 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:55 am

UrbanG wrote:You can not expect so much of a low budget card.
You really get what you pay for, and that is not more clear in this case. :whistle:

found a similar problem on nvidia's forums, may help you
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... ator-2004/
ConcordeError404
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight