Pilot-activated approach lighting for FS2004?

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Pilot-activated approach lighting for FS2004?

Postby Hoorf » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi, noob member, first post. I have a question: maybe I'm out of the know, but I've always wondered if someone developed code or a utility for FS2004 which allows for pilot-activated approach lighting for airports. There's an airport here which uses regular lighting for their runway at night, but when the pilot's mic is keyed 7 times on a certain frequency, the MALS system lights up and stays that way for a bit before turning back off. Would anyone know if this has been done yet or did I overlook something? Thanks!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Re: Pilot-activated approach lighting for FS2004?

Postby Fozzer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:19 am

I've been aware of that for a long time now in the early days of the various Flight Sims...>>>

Pilot controlled airfield lighting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot-controlled_lighting

..and it would be interesting to know if anyone has come up with a solution, for FS2004 and FSX!

Maybe requires a special "airfield scenery" design?

Paul...."I've seen the light!".... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:07 am

Hoorf wrote:Hi, noob member, first post. I have a question: maybe I'm out of the know, but I've always wondered if someone developed code or a utility for FS2004 which allows for pilot-activated approach lighting for airports. There's an airport here which uses regular lighting for their runway at night, but when the pilot's mic is keyed 7 times on a certain frequency, the MALS system lights up and stays that way for a bit before turning back off. Would anyone know if this has been done yet or did I overlook something? Thanks!

In the real world there are several fields that the pilot or copilot can turn on the airport lights by keying his radio on a certain frequency.
To my knowledge there has not been anything created in either FSX or FS9 that will do this. I am not sure if it is even possible to do this.
For starters the airfield would have to be programed to turn on when a certain radio frequency is received and that is the biggest problem as to my knowledge there is no way of doing that.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hoorf » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:57 am

No prob then. Thanks, gentlemen!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tgibson » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:32 am

Yes, you can do that. Here is the program that lets you create them:

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AFLT

Hope this helps,
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:04 am

Thanks, tgibson!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight