Question about realism

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Question about realism

Postby jrbirdman » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:45 am

What is the most realistic setting for AI? Right now mine is at 100%, but I was thinking maybe that may be a little too high. Am I at the right setting or should I decrease it a little for max realism? Kind regards, Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Question about realism

Postby Rocket_Bird » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:09 pm

I use 65%.  Mind you, this is with MyTraffic 2010, so I'm not sure if it changes the density a little. 

It's still rather busy, but seems reasonable, at least, gauging it with the traffic we get at my home airport.  Some U.S. airports are packed though. 

But yeah, you should decrease it.  Yes, some airports do require quite a lineup to takeoff, but that shouldn't be all airports.  Even at 65%, I get like continuous radio traffic at most places, which is quite a bustle.

60-65 is about the max you want in my humble opinion.  Even 50% is good. 
Cheers,
RB

Rocket_Bird
Major
Major

Postby jrbirdman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Okay. I'll give it a shot thanks. Kind regards, Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby imagine » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:03 pm

I use 75-80% with WOAI just because I like listening to the radio chatter.
imagine
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ugohills » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:32 am

Hi,

how do u change the percentage of traffic ?

Thx
ugohills
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ilikerio » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:28 pm

I have mine on 40% with WOAI.  ;)
ilikerio
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ilikerio » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:30 pm

To change the percentage, in the Main Menu go to settings, then click customize. Then go to traffic. That's for FSX... IDK about other sims.
ilikerio
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:50 pm

You have a choice of Airline, or General Aviation Traffic...
...or both!

I have mine set to 40%, (or less)....but it can be annoying and distracting when using ATC, and your headset is bombarded with ATC radio communication from other aircraft!
The particular advantage with having Traffic set to; "high/max", is that there are more aircraft appearing on the ground at airfields!

FS 2004: In game drop-down Menu: > Options > Settings > Traffic >

Paul.... 8-)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby RAMPRAT » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi.ramprat here, I seem to be having a similar problem with my AI traffic. No matter what % I have set there are no AI planes on the ground at my airports. Just tried using AirTran 737 at ATL with airline traffic set at 20%. No AI traffic at gates or on ground anywhere. Tried again at 100% same thing. Lots of radio communications but no AI aircraft. ATL should have lots of AI I would think. Any suggestions?
RAMPRAT
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dave3cu » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Ramprat,

What sim, FS2004 or fsx? Have you installed any addon AI traffic files or just using the default AI traffic? Does this happen at all airports?
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby RAMPRAT » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Using FSX Gold with Acceleration. Seems to be all airports. No AI add-ons just default.
RAMPRAT
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dave3cu » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:30 pm

Ramprat,

What puzzles me is that you hear radio traffic. Are you tuned to ATL airport comms, Ground, Tower, Clearance, so you hear only local traffic at ATL?

Are you sure there are no ac at ATL? Even at 100% default AI, there will be off peak times with only a few ac on the ground. Try using 'top-down' view to check.

Try checking at other airports that are far from ATL, even overseas.

dave
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby RAMPRAT » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Glad someone answered. Have noticed that Asian airports such as Kansai or Auckland New Zealand have lots of AI traffic on the ground but ORD gives me one AI aircraft and JFK, LGA and BOS dont have any. Have tried changing time of day, seems to make no difference. LGW and LHR dont show any AI aircraft either. Any ideas.... Will keep flying. It is @ 2:17 pm local ATL time and just loaded my flt plan to LAGOS NIGERIA placed DELTA 747 at gate c-6 went to top-down view and my aircraft is the only one at the airport at this time. Having worked for Eastern I flew through ATL all the time and there was always aircraft there. Kinda funny aint it.
RAMPRAT
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dave3cu » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:40 pm

Ramprat,

The most common cause for your problem is.....

...FSX can use FS2004 compiled traffic files (AI Flightplans) but they can cause FSX to suppress all or some flights from FSX compiled traffic files (including the default FSX ai in TrafficAircraft.bgl)

You said you have not installed any addon ai-flightplans, but it's possible that an add-on scenery, or possibly an addon aircraft, installed one. To check...

Traffic files are usually placed in the fsx....\Scenery\World\scenery\ folder. Check that folder for file TrafficAircraft.bgl. This is the default traffic file. If there are any other Traffic*.bgl files there move them to a safe place and try the sim again. It is also possible that the traffic file could be elsewhere, as they will work from any ..\scenery\ sub-folder in any scenery that active in the Scenery Library. You could do a file search for Traffic*.bgl within Your FSX main folder or any where else you install your addon scenery.

Dave
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby RAMPRAT » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Thanks. Will check it out
RAMPRAT
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates