ai packs

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

ai packs

Postby 757200ba » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:45 pm

Hello everyone.
I have a problem. I dont know if there is any fix or if was already touched here.
I use world of ai traffic. But something happend, it doesnt matter if i make a disk format or not, or a clean fs9 install or not. everytime im going to install any pack the installer tells me that the pack is already there and if i want to repair it. and there isnt any ai traffic, and even after the repair nothing shows. Anyone with any idea about it. Many thanks.
757200ba
Captain
Captain

Re: ai packs

Postby Opa » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:54 am

Hello everyone.
I have a problem. I dont know if there is any fix or if was already touched here.
I use world of ai traffic. But something happend, it doesnt matter if i make a disk format or not, or a clean fs9 install or not. everytime im going to install any pack the installer tells me that the pack is already there and if i want to repair it. and there isnt any ai traffic, and even after the repair nothing shows. Anyone with any idea about it. Many thanks.

Perhaps there is a matter of terminology which should be addressed first.

If you indeed did a disk format, that would have wiped out everything including your Operating System.

You would have needed to reinstall it, reinstall FS and reinstall the WOAI installer before attempting to install any of the WOAI packages.
David "Opa" Marshall
Opa
Captain
Captain

Postby 757200ba » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:48 am

Im sorry about missing some info.
This problem is really strange. I completly format my hard drive cleaning everything. Then i install the os again (i used xp, until i changed the processor to a dual core then i start to use windows 7).

After install the os i fresh installed the FS9 and it keeps telling me that the packs are installed and if i want to repair them.

After i read your post i can olny find a possible explanation. my FS9 is on my primary drive and all my fs files are on the second hd. Do you think woai leaves any kind of cfg file on the second hd?
Because its the only way this can be happening, and if it does where to look for it?

many thanks
757200ba
Captain
Captain

Postby Opa » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:36 am

Im sorry about missing some info.
This problem is really strange. I completly format my hard drive cleaning everything. Then i install the os again (i used xp, until i changed the processor to a dual core then i start to use windows 7).

After install the os i fresh installed the FS9 and it keeps telling me that the packs are installed and if i want to repair them.

After i read your post i can olny find a possible explanation. my FS9 is on my primary drive and all my fs files are on the second hd. Do you think woai leaves any kind of cfg file on the second hd?
Because its the only way this can be happening, and if it does where to look for it?

many thanks

I can only suggest doing a through search for the file named WOAIDATA

If you find it (anywhere) remove it to a safe location - perhaps on a removable media - and then try the installer again.
David "Opa" Marshall
Opa
Captain
Captain

Postby dave3cu » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:41 am

If the 'WOAI Installer' is installed on the second hd then that is the problem as WOAI was not altered by your format.

If so, look in the program folder for the WOAI Intaller.
Last edited by dave3cu on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates