World of AI installer problem

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

World of AI installer problem

Postby jamesmcfsx » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Hey guys, A happy almost Friday to you all. I've been continuously having problems with the world of AI installer for fsx. My problem is that when I try to install a woai package, an error message that says something about "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application" appears. This has been driving me absolutely crazy. I want to be able to have high graphics but due to the fact that I already have the graphics set high and I have the default FSX traffic density at like 60 something percent, the game is sluggish. I am hearing that woai packages won't have an impact on the fsx performance? I really am not impressed with my performance and would like to improve as much as possible. I really am getting frustrated!

If you can help me in any way possible, I would so appreciate it!

Many thanks!
jamesmcfsx
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: World of AI installer problem

Postby dave3cu » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:10 pm

One common cause is a broken 'path' statement in the Windows registry. Download and run the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool from Flight1 free downloads. http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

If that doesn't fix the problem, I suggest you visit the WOAI support forum http://www.world-of-ai.com/Forum/index.php You have to register to view the entire forum and post questions.

Dave

At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby jamesmcfsx » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:13 am

Thanks for you reply. I tried doing what you suggested but my Question is what is the fsx registry and how do i fix it with the program you provided. I tried to find the file but as I was trying to find a file to save, it wouldn't let me save it and instead it just opened the folder I wanted to save even further.
jamesmcfsx
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dave3cu » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:26 am

Your not being ask to open a file. The program simply wants you to locate the fsx.exe. file so it can use the path to fsx.exe to repair the windows registry 'path' statement.
Last edited by dave3cu on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby tauruck » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:35 pm

I'd like to ask what goes into the FSX subfolder in the window below the FSX path in the World of AI installer?. I'm new at it.
tauruck
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Opa » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:35 am

I'd like to ask what goes into the FSX subfolder in the window below the FSX path in the World of AI installer?. I'm new at it.

Unless you have added a folder in SimObjects where you intend to install AI only aircraft, the normal default entry in that box should should automatically show as:

SimObjects\Airplanes

In my setup I have added another folder name Ai - so I have to browse to it and select it so the box now displays:

SimObjects\Ai

If you add such a folder (a good way to keep AI only aircraft seperated) you also have to add a line in your FSX.cfg file - under the [MAIN] label - like this:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AI

Paths 1 thru 5 are the default entries - Path 6 is the one I added - which can actually be anywhere on your HD as long as the path to it is provided.

Hope that is not too confusing.
David "Opa" Marshall
Opa
Captain
Captain

Postby F35LightningII » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:40 pm

I had the same problem. Have you moved the woains24 folder since you downloaded it? If you have, then move it back to the place where you downloaded it to. It fixed the problem for me.
i5 3570K @ 4.3GHz, ASRock Z77 Pro3, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, 8GB DDR3, 128GB Samsung 830, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Thermaltake Armor A60, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Logitech K800, Logitech M510, Windows 8 Pro x64, FSX Acceleration
F35LightningII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates