Server Tools

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Server Tools

Postby X4A_US_Kermit » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:45 am

I put up a server for our gaming group about a month ago.  I can't seem to find any server tools or utilities that will let me control the server so I can send messages to fliers or kick them if I need to.  Is there anything out there for this?
X4A_US_Kermit
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Server Tools

Postby dave3cu » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:17 am

Welcome to SimV,

What type of server or server software are you using?

If you set up an FSHost server, you (the administrator) have  those powers.
http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/

**This topic will probably get moved to the Multiplayer forum.

Dave
Last edited by dave3cu on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby Capt.Propwash » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:20 pm

if it is FSHOST, you also have the power to set up an Admin Login so that other people can control your server while you are away, or for them to be ADMIN's and you not have to really deal with it unless it goes down.
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Postby X4A_US_Kermit » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks for the information and the quick reply. I just used the host a session when I logged in.  I will take a look at the link you sent.

Again Thanks a lot
X4A_US_Kermit
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Capt.Propwash » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:48 pm

as for the FS9 HOST a session, to send messages, hit the ENTER key which brings up the CHAT BOX.  you can now talk to other pilots in the session.

as far as kicking pilots off the session? I am not certain but you could try .kick (player name) or /kick (player name)

I cant remember if FS9 even has a KICK/REMOVE // BAN feature. 
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates