Adding Airline Names

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Adding Airline Names

Postby D. Miller » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Has anyone had luck adding specific names to their airline list?  I have been able to add ones like horizon, army, coast guard, delta etc... But when I get creative and wanna add something that isn't a well known name it doesn't recognize it and the ATC just uses my flight number.  Any ideas? 

I am using the list at C:/Programs/flight simulator x/airlines (cfg file)

Thanks!
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
D. Miller
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Adding Airline Names

Postby JBaymore » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:07 pm

For non standard stuff you'll need to add the airline name to the airlines list and then use EditVoicepack (in the library) to create the sound files so that ATC can say the correct name.

Look for threads here in thie section about adding names to the default ATC phrases... there should be lots of info already in the older postings.  Or maybe someone will chime in soon here with the details.

best,

.................john
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Adding Airline Names

Postby tgibson » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:51 pm

If you download and install EditVoicePack and then do the online update, that will add most all of them you will need.  Be sure to use the Update airlines.cfg file option in the menu too.

For the few airlines EVP doesn't include, you may need to create your own - there is a tutorial on that on the EVP web site.

Hope this helps,
---
Tom Gibson
CalClassic Propliner Page
http://www.calclassic.com
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates