Parking Codes?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Parking Codes?

Postby flipside » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:36 am

Is there someplace that I could get a list of the parking codes for all of the major airlines? I have a number of aircraft that do not specify a parking code in the aircraft cfg. I should like to insert one. But not knowing the code for say America West or Piedmont Airlines I would not know how to assign an airport gate.
flipside
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Parking Codes?

Postby Tyler012 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:58 am

Just a sample of my personal art.
Tyler012
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tgibson » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 am

Of course, if you use EditVoicePack you would have dozens more than the default ones listed there.

But using EVP you can choose the Update Airlines.cfg File option in the menus and then use that list (found in the Aircraft folder) to get the right callsigns.

Hope this helps,
---
Tom Gibson
CalClassic Propliner Page
http://www.calclassic.com
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dave3cu » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:12 pm

flipside,

A note-it is not necessary to use real world airline codes for 'atc_parking_codes=' in either the airport parking specs or the aircraft.cfg. The sim only needs to find matching codes. But, for uniformity among add-ons ICAO codes are normally used. Also, ATC will not honor the parking codes for your user aircraft, only for ai

Your best resource is probably Afcad 2.21. It comes with a database of the atc_parking_codes commonly used by both FS airport designers and AI traffic authors. Beyond airlines it also contains parking codes for military ai.

Once Afcad is installed you can assign the parking codes from the list to your aircraft using Afcads aircraft editor (Tools>Aircraft editor). You can also check airports to see if and what parking codes are assigned at specific airports, and add or modify parking codes if necessary.

If you're unfamiliar with using parking codes, the Afcad help file (readme.htm) explains it.

Dave

Afcad 2.21-http://www.simviation.com/simviation/static.php?ID=201&page=1
Last edited by dave3cu on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby flipside » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:49 am

Thank you all! The suggestions you have submitted are all very helpful. They will simplify the parking situation immensely. :)
flipside
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates