helicopter base and regular airport in one scenery

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

helicopter base and regular airport in one scenery

Postby jive1 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:02 am

Hey!
I have an airport EBLG where in reality is a regular liner runway and a separate helicopter base. I'm still using FS2004 and Afcad2.
In the helicopter part of the Afcad that I use for AI flights I have built a separate runway for the helicopters. There is no other possibility than having part of the taxiways of the regular airport available for the helicopters as well, or I should redesign the whole airport.
My question comes now: how can I make the helicopters only use the runway for them, and the liners use the regular runway but not the one for the helicopters?
I can send the scenery and the afcad for as far as I have them now. But in the situation as I have the helicopters just go to take off to de active runway whichever it is.
So I can put the question also in this way: how can I make one runway to be active only for the liners and the other ruway only to be active for the helicopters?
Can somebody help me?
Greetz
Jive1
jive1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: helicopter base and regular airport in one scenery

Postby dave3cu » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:43 am

One solution would be to create a new airport for the heli base. This would 'overlay' the existing airport but have only the elements required for
Last edited by dave3cu on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby jive1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:14 am

Thank You for this information! Maybe that can give me a good solution.
Greetz
Jive1
jive1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Capt.Propwash » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:21 pm

In 1 AFCAD, you can build 2 seperate airports.

Give each airport its own tower (with frequenices), their own runways / taxiways .... that is totally seperate from each other.   

or what I have done is make the airline runway 9000 feet long, and the Heli runway MAYBE 200 feet long.  I seriously doubt that even a C172 can land and stop in 200 feet unless you are doing 30KIAS at touchdown.    The only downfall, is that ATC may tell your Bell 206 to use the Liner runway periodically depending on weather.

You can connect the heli-port to the Liner-port with Taxiways, but mark them as CLOSED and assign them accordingly.  (single left click on the Taxiway in question to highlight it > Right click > Properties > LINK TYPE > CLOSED)   NO AIRPLANES / HELO'S / AIRCRAFT can use that taxiway as ATC will no longer recognize it being open/useable. [you can still travel on it, but as far as ATC is concerned, its CLOSED!]
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Postby MIKE JG » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:11 am

There will be several problems with using just one afcad file for the two airports.  Been there done that and learned the hard way. 

Best way to go is two separate AFCADs that simply coexist next to or basically on top of one another.  Give your primary the ATC freqs, DO NOT assign any ATC freqs to your heliport or there will be conflicts between the two.
-Mike G.

Military AI traffic packages and scenery for the Microsoft Flight Simulator series.
MIKE JG
Captain
Captain

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates