WOAI Callsign Problem

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

WOAI Callsign Problem

Postby -Crossfire- » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:24 am

I have almost 500 WOAI callsigns installed, and the majority of the callsigns work.  However, a few don't, like Porter, Brussels(Bee-Line), and FedEx.  In the AI aircraft cfg, the correct callsigns are shown beside atc_airline=

I use editvoicepack, and all the callsigns are all there...

I'm not sure how to assign a callsign to an AI airline when if doesn't work by default.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.
-Crossfire-
Captain
Captain

Re: WOAI Callsign Problem

Postby dave3cu » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:13 am

Which sim and have you tried using the callsigns with one of your user aircraft to see if they work? Are you hearing the ai registration number or a flight number without a callsign?

Make sure the atc_airline= string is correct. If you had EVP update the 'airlines.cfg' file, you can check there for correct strings.

You must also assign an atc_flight_number= or atc won't use the callsign. Flight number can be 1 to 4 numbers, NO ALPHA.

If the callsign works in your user aircraft then the problem may be with the ai flight plans. A couple of possiblities:

-F/R field in the leg component is set to R. R=Registration and atc won't use the callsign. F=Flight number and atc will use the callsign.

-Improper string in the flight number field.

For testing, FED EX should work in FS9 and FSX. Also, with EVP standard mods installed, I see BEELINE.

Dave
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby -Crossfire- » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave.

FS9

The callsigns DO work with one of my user aircraft

the atc_airline= string is correct for all AI airlines where the callsigns don't work.

I am hearing a flight number with no callsign.... not the air registration.

I did use EVP to update the airlines.cfg

Going to check the flightplans right now...
-Crossfire-
Captain
Captain

Postby dave3cu » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Hearing the flight number without the callsign should indicate something's amiss in the atc_airline= entry.

If you're hearing the flight number, then the flight plan should be ok (flight number ok and F/R set to F).

Side note: For Bee-line, BEALINE yields a slightly better pronunciation than BEELINE.

Dave
Last edited by dave3cu on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates