Assigning codes to parking spots.

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Assigning codes to parking spots.

Postby gypsymoth » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:01 am

I've installed Bill Melichar's FS2004, Kahului International Airport, Maui, Hawaii..PHOG.  I don't see any aircraft using it & have a LOT of WoAI packages installed so was surprised not to see some American airlines there.  I have WoAI Hawaiian Airlines but don't see that there.

I checked parking spots with Afcad 2.21 & find that the 7 spots in front of the main building don't have airline codes.  If I put HAL into one, will Hawaiian show up?   I'm assuming the flight plan will include PHOG but haven't checked it....don't know how to ;-(

Thanks for any tips....
When the c**p hits the fan, get a tent.
gypsymoth
Captain
Captain

Re: Assigning codes to parking spots.

Postby Opa » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:19 pm

There are two things which need to be done to have AI aircraft show up at the proper locations.

1. The proper Airline Code needs to be added to the parking spot(s).
Last edited by Opa on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Opa" Marshall
Opa
Captain
Captain

Postby gypsymoth » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:21 am

Hello Dave.  I've a lot to learn & thanks for your tips.  I did change date & time to August & evening, & see a Delta & US Airways 737 at the main terminal & a United & North west 737 in cargo spots.   I haven't seen Hawaiian yet which WoAI say uses PHOG....I'll check out your info when I get back later today.
ATB,
Terry with skies full of choppers  ::)
gypsymoth
Captain
Captain

Postby Opa » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:57 pm

[quote]Hello Dave.
David "Opa" Marshall
Opa
Captain
Captain

Postby gypsymoth » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks Dave.  I did get Trafficltoolbox when you told me about it some time ago.  I did have a quick play then & have just done so now at PHOG with explorer.   However,  I do have a Delta, USAirways, AA, & 2 Uniteds at the jetway terminal  - time with me 16.50hrs.  3 GA are over by the tower.   This is the most I've seen here but oddly no Hawaiian, which my ACA2005 tells me is installed.  Did that 2 days ago.
One thing occurs to me - if I have say, summer schedules 2008 for Hawaii, I've assumed this will be flown all year round, but it won't if it's not a winter one?  If I'm there in the winter I shouldn't see aircraft?   See how much I've not sussed out yet!!!

(I'll PM you about KaiTak AI....)
gypsymoth
Captain
Captain

Postby Opa » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:06 pm

The "schedule" only refers to the real world flight plans which were in effect at that time - not when the aircraft should fly.  i.e. if it says summer of 07, that just means these are plans which were being used at that time.

Hope that is not too confusing.
David "Opa" Marshall
Opa
Captain
Captain

Postby gypsymoth » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Absolutely!!

Thanks.
gypsymoth
Captain