How much is too much AI?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

How much is too much AI?

Postby joey_d1119 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:56 pm

I installed pretty much every package on the World of AI site save for the few with the broken links.

My airports are very busy but considering I have over 400 packages installed is their a possibility that some flight plans will not show up? Like Delta pushing Korean Air out of Los Angeles? So Korean Air never lands at LAX?

Sorry...just trying to learn about it all!
joey_d1119
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: How much is too much AI?

Postby joey_d1119 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Also was wondering about AI Smooth. I have found that I have a line of 5 planes sometimes landing on the same runway about 30 seconds apart. Is this normal for real airports?

Sometimes the AI have to go around for another landing becuase they are too bunched up.
joey_d1119
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Capt.Propwash » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:12 pm

KJFK, KLGA, KLAX, DFW... most of the major hubs may have up to 5-10 lined up for landing depending on what the schedule looks like.

as to having too many AI?? if your airport AFCADS (files that basically layout the airport grounds and parking arrangements) do not allow Korean Air to land at BOSTON LOGAN, then you will never see that airline at that airport, no matter if there is a flight plan for it.
Last edited by Capt.Propwash on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Postby JoBee » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:15 am

[quote]
if your airport AFCADS (files that basically layout the airport grounds and parking arrangements) do not allow Korean Air to land at BOSTON LOGAN, then you will never see that airline at that airport, no matter if there is a flight plan for it.
Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby Capt.Propwash » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:39 am

thats mighty funny, because before I updated KCHS... i had a lot of AI in and out all day long, sometimes having to wait 4 in line to take off. then after I updated it, ZERO!!! nothing, natta.   in or out.  and I did "NOT" mess with the TrafficXXXXXXX.bgl to delete flight plans either.  they just stopped and now it is barren 100% of the time.
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Postby JoBee » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:00 am

I updated KCHS.

What is the filename and where did you get it?

cheers,
Joe
Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby gypsymoth » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:40 pm

My stock KCHS has 2 US Airways & one Delta on the ground & air movement.  Heathrow/Gatwick ,eg., has 10-12 waiting to t/o at times.  I've noticed that usually Flytampa/Cloud9/UK2000, etc, addons are well populated as are some free-ware airports.......stock ones aren't   :-?   
When the c**p hits the fan, get a tent.
gypsymoth
Captain
Captain

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates