Is there a solution?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Is there a solution?

Postby 757200ba » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Hi, i use world of AI.I have several packs instal.
My traffic on fs is like 60 to 65%.And most of my airporst have the correct afcads.
But i still see planes around the airport flying in formation  :D and some of them over eachother?
Am i doing something wong?Is there a solution for this?

Many Thanks
757200ba
Captain
Captain

Re: Is there a solution?

Postby RaptorF22 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:33 pm

What causes this is multiple installs of the same traffic files.
If you uninstall the duplicates that will probably resolve it.
RaptorF22
Major
Major

Postby JoBee » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Are these duplicates the same airline or do you see different airlines flying in tandem?

Upon first starting FS it can take up to 15 minutes for AI to settle down from the rush created at startup. Is what you see during this initial start?

I suspect this startup rush can also happen if you are just spotting and move from one airport to another that is out of the first airports area of influence. This area of influence can range from 60 to 160 mile from the user aircraft. I might be a little off on those distances, and post them only to say if you are spotting at JFK and change airports to LAX AI basically has to start all over.

regards,
Joe
Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby 757200ba » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 am

Hello, thank you for your reply.
When in formation they are from diferent airlines.And they stay like that for a long time more than 15 min.
And i usually ont instal the same airline more than once, even when there is an update, i always remove the old one.

Thanks for your thoughts.
757200ba
Captain
Captain

Postby DaveSims » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:32 am

It can also be because of congestion on the runway.  If several aircraft have tried to land around the same time, they have been given go arounds and may be very close, even overlapping, with each other.  This is just one of the downfalls of flight sim, ATC does not actually sequence aircraft.
DaveSims
Major
Major

Postby 757200ba » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:02 pm

So you guys think if i reduce AI traffic things will get better?
Thank you so much
757200ba
Captain
Captain

Postby Capt.Propwash » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:04 pm

no things will not get better if your AI look like this..

You will need a Program called TTOOLS by Lee Swordy found http://www.simviation.com/fs2004utilities1.htm at the top of the page.

You will have to DECOMPILE your traffic file found in SCENERY / WORLD / SCENERY ... most likely it is file: Traffic030528.bgl

there are more than 1 flight plans, for a specific time, for different planes.

As you can see in my pic above, there is 1 flight plan for X: o'clock, for 3 airlines.  .... duplicate/triplicate/quadruple flight plans calling for the same or different airlines.   You will have to find the offending lines, and delete them.  Once this has been done, you can crank your AI up to 80-90% and OMG your skies will be filled.

I have roughly 30 AI addons, and have them all set accordingly by TTOOLS, and every airport looks like ATC should be alcoholics by the end of their shifts. lol  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
The thoughts and expressions contained in the post above are solely my own, and not necessarily those of Simviation.com, its Moderators, its Staff, its Members, or other guests. They can not, are not, and will not be held liable for any thoughts, or expre
Capt.Propwash
Major
Major

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates